Spectrasonics

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Re: Spectrasonics

Post by Tarekith » Fri May 01, 2015 6:06 am

I read that the full Omni2 install is around 50GB still, so likely the installers are just compressed.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Sat May 02, 2015 8:25 am

Tarekith wrote:I read that the full Omni2 install is around 50GB still, so likely the installers are just compressed.
The manual said 64GB is needed for the full installation. Still very reasonable for such a huge update.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Sure was a lot of excitement over purchasing and downloading here. And now nothing. Classic GAS.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon May 04, 2015 4:40 pm

No one can upgrade, their site is still down unfortunately. :(

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Mon May 04, 2015 5:00 pm

I did the upgrade over the weekend (2.5 hour DL time). Installation was a bit tricky for me as I had run out of HD space on Spectrasonics default location (C:\ drive). Fingered out how to redirect but kind of a pain and, honestly, IMO using a Windows Shortcut to redirect is...um questionable.

So today I started working with it...can't say for certain but it seems to have introduced some latency issues as I'm getting some dropouts and general sound degradation. Goes away if I remove Omni from the project. Time will tell after I check into solutions for the latency issues.

OTH: I love Omnishpere
Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz; 16G Ram; Win 10-64; Live 9.5
RME-Fireface UFX; Machine II; APC40; MPK25;
Guitars and Amps

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 04, 2015 5:08 pm

mmorgan wrote:I did the upgrade over the weekend (2.5 hour DL time). Installation was a bit tricky for me as I had run out of HD space on Spectrasonics default location (C:\ drive). Fingered out how to redirect but kind of a pain and, honestly, IMO using a Windows Shortcut to redirect is...um questionable.

So today I started working with it...can't say for certain but it seems to have introduced some latency issues as I'm getting some dropouts and general sound degradation. Goes away if I remove Omni from the project. Time will tell after I check into solutions for the latency issues.

OTH: I love Omnishpere

Hm, I dig Omnisphere but made a lot of plug-in purchases in the last month and even with ample warning didn’t feel I needed to add Omnishere 2 to that pile. I’ll get to it when I get to it. Plus I didn’t know what their track record was for day 1 releases, bugs and whatnot. I was impressed with what I saw of the new features, but I have enough to play with already.

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Mon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm

beats me wrote: Hm, I dig Omnisphere but made a lot of plug-in purchases in the last month and even with ample warning didn’t feel I needed to add Omnishere 2 to that pile. I’ll get to it when I get to it. Plus I didn’t know what their track record was for day 1 releases, bugs and whatnot. I was impressed with what I saw of the new features, but I have enough to play with already.
I hear that. I've got more than enough also however I am doing selective upgrades and Omnisphere falls into that category. OTH: I've held off on the upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate even though I would like to work with some of the newer synths (Polyplex, Rounds and Molecular).

There is only so much space in my head to come to grips with all of this stuff.
Guitars and Amps

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon May 04, 2015 7:29 pm

mmorgan wrote:OTH: I've held off on the upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate even though I would like to work with some of the newer synths (Polyplex, Rounds and Molecular).
On that one I’m waiting for the annual summer 50% Komplete upgrade sale which should happen in the next month or 2. That’s a no brainer. :)

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Mon May 04, 2015 8:06 pm

I have Omni 2 running, was able to upgrade and download the day after release with zero problems..just lucky, I guess!

Anyway, the new features are great, the new presets (insofar as I can judge from what I've heard) not so great. So, I'm psyched to use the new wavetables / sample import / granular engine / enhanced browser, etc. I just probably won't be using the 3,000 new presets all that much, though maybe I'll find a corner of that messy room with some useful stuff lying around, dunno. the EDM bank is basically 100% unusable garbage, for my tastes. And everything in it is jacked to clipping, it's just absurd.

Also not into the Diego Whomever 'wacky' sounds, it's very heard-it-all-before kinds of stuff, "oh he's banging on a cello with a banana!" woo woo. Clanky-janky acoustic sample libraries have been around for years, yaaaaawn.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Tue May 05, 2015 1:58 am

beats me wrote:
mmorgan wrote:OTH: I've held off on the upgrade to Komplete 10 Ultimate even though I would like to work with some of the newer synths (Polyplex, Rounds and Molecular).
On that one I’m waiting for the annual summer 50% Komplete upgrade sale which should happen in the next month or 2. That’s a no brainer. :)
I'm waiting on that one myself. :)
Guitars and Amps

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue May 05, 2015 2:43 pm

mholloway wrote:I have Omni 2 running, was able to upgrade and download the day after release with zero problems..just lucky, I guess!

Anyway, the new features are great, the new presets (insofar as I can judge from what I've heard) not so great. So, I'm psyched to use the new wavetables / sample import / granular engine / enhanced browser, etc. I just probably won't be using the 3,000 new presets all that much, though maybe I'll find a corner of that messy room with some useful stuff lying around, dunno. the EDM bank is basically 100% unusable garbage, for my tastes. And everything in it is jacked to clipping, it's just absurd.

Also not into the Diego Whomever 'wacky' sounds, it's very heard-it-all-before kinds of stuff, "oh he's banging on a cello with a banana!" woo woo. Clanky-janky acoustic sample libraries have been around for years, yaaaaawn.

-M

Thanks. That is what I was thinking. I can be a big preset slut but there is such a thing as too many and the original Omnisphere already surpassed that. Sounds like the wacky sounds may be a bit like NI’s Kinetic Metal, neat little steam punk interface with a unique way of creating sounds, but musically useful? Not so much.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:12 am

Their social media said, "7 DAYS - Looks like it's going to be an interesting week. :-)"

I'm hoping for the new version of Stylus, but they gave a hint about something entirely new a while ago. Let's see!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

sana48

Post by sana48 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:33 pm

"6 DAYS- It's not what you're expecting :) "

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 73591&fs=1

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:03 pm

They’re probably just adding 7 more pages to their novel of exciting new scenarios where you can’t use their products legally.

sana48

Post by sana48 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:26 pm

beats me wrote:They’re probably just adding 7 more pages to their novel of exciting new scenarios where you can’t use their products legally.

Omg....Hahahahaha