Record Live Set Audio. How?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ambientidm

Record Live Set Audio. How?

Post by ambientidm » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Push seems to have killed any ability to record the audio of a live set. I use to be able to use the resample feature to record audio from my live set improvisations. When I do this with push if I try to record a midi clip or audio clip the resample clip stops recording and starts looping. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Stromkraft

Re: Record Live Set Audio. How?

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:13 pm

ambientidm wrote:Push seems to have killed any ability to record the audio of a live set. I use to be able to use the resample feature to record audio from my live set improvisations. When I do this with push if I try to record a midi clip or audio clip the resample clip stops recording and starts looping. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
What happens if you inactivate all Launch options in Preferences (ie setting these to "off")?
Make some music!

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:15 am

Stromkraft wrote:
ambientidm wrote:Push seems to have killed any ability to record the audio of a live set. I use to be able to use the resample feature to record audio from my live set improvisations. When I do this with push if I try to record a midi clip or audio clip the resample clip stops recording and starts looping. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.
What happens if you inactivate all Launch options in Preferences (ie setting these to "off")?
doesn't fix it

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:18 pm

ambientidm wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
doesn't fix it
OK.

I was able to record additional clips with the resample track running as long as I started recording by clicking on an empty clip slot with Push. Exclusive Arm in Preferences set to off naturally.

As long as I don't touch the record button it keeps going.

Hardly ideal, but works.
Make some music!

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:32 am

I can't get that to work. Clip or scene workflow doesn't matter either.
Last edited by ambientidm on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

aratunes

Post by aratunes » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:51 am

I think I removed all of the stop buttons from the cells in that entire track, not at the set now, but seems it worked.

mothergarage

Post by mothergarage » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:23 am

Have you "Fixed Length" turned off on Push?
home | sound | twitter | m4l
Windows 10 64bit - Live 11.0.6 - M4L 8 - RME Babyface/iConnectAUDIO4+

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 am

ambientidm wrote:I can't get that to work. Clip or scene workflow doesn't matter either.
Then your preferences are likely not as mine or your methodology is different. This works every time. I'm mostly on the 9.7b7, but I don't think this is different in 9.6.2.

Preferences:
  • Arm is not exclusive.
  • The Record button doesn't start playback.
  • All launch options are off.
Make some music!

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:20 am

mothergarage wrote:Have you "Fixed Length" turned off on Push?
makes no difference