mix / master mix view select - strange

Discuss Push with other users.
swishniak

mix / master mix view select - strange

Post by swishniak » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 pm

one thing that bothers me;

pressing "mix" while viewing the master mix could bring up the normal track mixer view again instead of .. doing nothing ;)

or am i missing something?

swishniak

Re: mix / master mix view select - strange

Post by swishniak » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:31 pm

nobody? 8O

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 pm

I think you're confusing some terms in the software.
For example "master mix" is confusing, as there are master track, mix out, cue mix and etc...
Please take a screenshot and mark the place you need info about.
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???
Singer, Music Producer & Trainer
https://radionama.com

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:58 am

aadel - thanks for your reply. im not sure a screenshot would help much; im referring to the "mix" button and the "master" button.

from the manual "Each press of the Mix button toggles between Track Mix Mode and Global Mix Mode." and "Press the Master button to select the Master track. Press Master again to return to the previously selected track."

this toggle seems fine to me but i find it strange that pressing master while in track mix mode goes to master mix mode but the opposite (pressing mix while in master mode) doesnt take the user back to global/ track mix mode.. .

does that make more sense? :?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:18 pm

From the manual of what??

Cheers
D

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:27 pm

S4racen wrote:From the manual of what??
from the push section of the most recent ableton live manual 8)

edit - sorry i see now how my post could have been confusing.. forgot a colon after "from the manual"

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:30 pm

swishniak wrote:aadel - thanks for your reply. im not sure a screenshot would help much; im referring to the "mix" button and the "master" button.

from the manual "Each press of the Mix button toggles between Track Mix Mode and Global Mix Mode." and "Press the Master button to select the Master track. Press Master again to return to the previously selected track."

this toggle seems fine to me but i find it strange that pressing master while in track mix mode goes to master mix mode but the opposite (pressing mix while in master mode) doesnt take the user back to global/ track mix mode.. .

does that make more sense? :?
Oh my friend, I got it :D

It's maybe a bad naming from Ableton, doesn't matter.

The function of mix button is to show tracks volume, panning and sends in one page. Buttons under LCD are for selecting the tracks and the above ones are for selecting parameters (volume, panning and sends) of all tracks.
When you press it twice or toggle it shows the parameters for a single track that can be changed by knobs.

By pressing master triggers the master track (the lowest track in arrangement view) which receives all signals from the tracks for playing back.

But the clue is here, you can't see master track parameters by buttons under the LCD when "mix" is pressed, so it's not listed under regular tracks in Ableton, so when you press mix while in master mode, it misses the last pointer because it's not listed.

Hope it is useful :)
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:33 pm

If I missed anything the following link can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKKCwyUjplc

BTW, having the way vice versa looks like possible if you ask from Ableton team for next firmwares.
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???