Record arm question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
theinfinate

Record arm question

Post by theinfinate » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:19 am

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me with this...
My project is setup with record arm exclusive as i like for other tracks to unarm as soon as i enable another track although id like to keep 2 tracks locked on so they are always enabled. Is there a workaround to achieve this?
The closest i got was realising i could midi map a button on my kontroller for record enable which did lock on for those 2 tracks but all of the sudden every other track becomes non exclusive. Even if i uncheck and recheck the arm exclusive function, it still acts as if the arm buttons are not exclusive. The only way to snap out of this is to relaunch my project. Weird?? any ideas?

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Record arm question

Post by [jur] » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 am

Cmd (or ctrl) click on any arm button to arm more than one track when you have exclusive arm enabled.
Ableton Forum Moderator

theinfinate

Post by theinfinate » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:58 am

[jur] wrote:Cmd (or ctrl) click on any arm button to arm more than one track when you have exclusive arm enabled.
Yeah I know of that trick but as soon as I arm another track, these tracks disarm. I'd like these 2 tracks to be locked on the whole song as I move between tracks arming them exclusively

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:40 am

Set monitor to in on the tracks u want permanent input on

theinfinate

Post by theinfinate » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:47 am

Michael Hatsis wrote:Set monitor to in on the tracks u want permanent input on
P
Yes but I want them to record to arrangement so I need them to be armed. I'm constantly arming and disarming tracks as I'm live looping and want to record everything I do to the arrangement so I can use this as an audio track to the video I have captured.