Push 2 refuses to start recording on bar 1

Discuss Push with other users.
KaCeTheProducer

Push 2 refuses to start recording on bar 1

Post by KaCeTheProducer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 am

Anybody have this problem? I've looked around ever since the 9.7 beta came out and brushed it off as a beta issue, yet it's still here! :cry:

EXAMPLE: I'll load up a drum rack, add a few drums, then lay out a 8 bar kick pattern for instance and its sounding nice. Then when I want to lay down another element, I'll hit record and it starts my recording on bar 7 then loops and throws off the pattern every single time. I can't remember this even happening before 9.7 and that sucks because besides this I freaking love the update.

Please someone help or guide me in the right direction, I'm on like beat attempt number 10 from losing my "flow" because of this. I don't know if my settings are off or something but I'm sure I've checked everything possible.

SIDE NOTE: When I press record on the comp, without using the push at all, it works perfectly fine.

(Also, I've heard about a similar issue when using "Fixed Length", it's true to an extent, however it seems drum rack on the push is always seen as "Fixed Length" by Ableton)

UPDATE: So I tried changing the "start" position of the loop to the second bar and now it records on bar 1. So it seems it's constantly starting the recording a bar too early

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Push 2 refuses to start recording on bar 1

Post by [jur] » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:13 pm

This might have to do with the new Fixed Length behavior of "phrase sync". Turning this off (in the Fixed length options) should help, so that the actual position where the recording starts is not influenced by the arrangement playback position.
Ableton Forum Moderator

KaCeTheProducer

Post by KaCeTheProducer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Just tried it, sadly there was no change.

I sent in a support ticket about it a couple days ago. I'd even feel different about it if I didn't see it work perfectly in one of the Ableton Push youtube videos.

EDIT: WOW! So I'm not sure what it was, but I cleared my default template I had put together and now it seems to be working fine! I've literally been dealing with this issue for over a month and this was the fix haha.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Good to know!
Ableton Forum Moderator

lcgco

Post by lcgco » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:31 pm

I had been dealing with the same issue but cleared the default template as you said and It has solved the issue. Thank you.