Ohmforce Ohmicide: Mac plugin name different than PC?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drez

Ohmforce Ohmicide: Mac plugin name different than PC?

Post by drez » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 pm

I've just moved from Mac to PC, reinstalled all my plugins (all 64bit just like on the Mac), and so far so good except for one. My favorite distortion plugin :(

When I open my Ableton projects, it thinks that the Ohmforce Ohmicide plugin is called Ohmicide_VST2_MachO and can't find it. On the PC its the name of the DLL, which is Ohmicide_vstwin_x64. Why would they be called different names on different platforms? I've tried renaming the DLL, but still no workie.

I sent an email to their support, but was wondering if anyone else had run across this issue.
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

jest777er

Re: Ohmforce Ohmicide: Mac plugin name different than PC?

Post by jest777er » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:16 am

I have also had this problem with going from a OSX to Windows. I have changed the names of the VSTs too like a year ago and that did not seem to work. I just got sick having to save the preset everytime I want to switch my OS so I am back to looking for a solution. I have none right now but just wanted to bump this. I am sure that we are a very small subset of users but this is a drag when everything else just works.

drez

Re: Ohmforce Ohmicide: Mac plugin name different than PC?

Post by drez » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:46 am

jest777er wrote:I have also had this problem with going from a OSX to Windows. I have changed the names of the VSTs too like a year ago and that did not seem to work. I just got sick having to save the preset everytime I want to switch my OS so I am back to looking for a solution. I have none right now but just wanted to bump this. I am sure that we are a very small subset of users but this is a drag when everything else just works.
I forgot about this thread! If you contact Ohmforce they will send you a shim VST plugin that will fix you up!
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty