Izotope Neutron causing Serious Program Error in Live 9.7

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
craftycurate

Izotope Neutron causing Serious Program Error in Live 9.7

Post by craftycurate » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:57 pm

Is anyone else finding this? Neutron Advanced 1.0.0 is causing Live 9.7 to crash with the above error on Win 7x64 Pro. Reports submitted to Ableton & Izotope.

Wondering if anyone else is encountering this problem, or is aware of any fix or communication with the two companies that suggests it's a known error and will be fixed.

Cheers
Richard
Core i7 2.3GHz|Win7x64|8GB|1.5TB & Core 2 Duo T7200, XP Pro SP3,
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite
http://www.myspace.com/richardlyallmusic http://craftycurate.blogs.com

login

Re: Izotope Neutron causing Serious Program Error in Live 9.7

Post by login » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:39 pm

I tried the demo I it runned fine in 9.7b1, it used quite a bit of CPU and at some point, 10 or more instances, the GUI was very sluguish.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:17 pm

I'm using a Mac, but I have noticed when I drag Neutron (which is awesome, by the way) onto a track Ableton will sometimes crash.

I need to check it's just Neutron before I commit to that statement though!

solidsilver

Post by solidsilver » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:28 pm

All good here on win 10, did a track just with that and ozone on the master and it was robust
Studio: Windows 10 Pro 4770k 4.4GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H, 32GB RAM, 512SSD Running latest Ableton, Cubase, ProTools, S1v3 & Wavelab
Mobile: MBP mid 2014 Retina 15", i7 2.5Ghz, 512SSD - Running Latest Ableton Live

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:43 pm

solidsilver wrote:All good here on win 10, did a track just with that and ozone on the master and it was robust
Yeah, I was just doing a work project in Ableton and added a plugin that wasn't Neutron...crashy crashy. So, not Neutron for me...just an unstable system.

Wolkenhauer

Post by Wolkenhauer » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:44 pm

I had similar problems with degraded CPU performance (not visible in Live but in the Activity Monitor of my laptop) and als crashes. It turned out that these were coming from a VST plugin I never used (Air Technologies Hybrid 3). (They never responded to my Emails)

The way I figured this out is that I reset Live (google for it, requires deleting two files), when I then scanned the plugins folder the crash appeared and could be linked to Hybrid 3.

My suggestion is therefore to do that, reset live and make the scan to see whether something pops up to pin point the problem. Deleting the plug properly solved my problems ... and remember, I never used that plugin, which is why it took a while to figure the origin of problems out.

Neutron works fine with me on a MBP w Sierra and the latest Live version.

Olaf

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks for replies ... I wonder if it's clashing with something. Hopefully the log file will reveal something. Waiting for tech support replies.

Cheers
Richard
Nio 2|4, Edirol PCR800, NanoKontrol , Komplete Synths + Reaktor 5, Cameleon, Alchemy, FabFilter 2 suite

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Wolkenhauer wrote:I had similar problems with degraded CPU performance (not visible in Live but in the Activity Monitor of my laptop) and als crashes. It turned out that these were coming from a VST plugin I never used (Air Technologies Hybrid 3). (They never responded to my Emails)

The way I figured this out is that I reset Live (google for it, requires deleting two files), when I then scanned the plugins folder the crash appeared and could be linked to Hybrid 3.

My suggestion is therefore to do that, reset live and make the scan to see whether something pops up to pin point the problem. Deleting the plug properly solved my problems ... and remember, I never used that plugin, which is why it took a while to figure the origin of problems out.

Neutron works fine with me on a MBP w Sierra and the latest Live version.

Olaf

Ah ha! This is awesome, mate. I have Hybrid 3 also. Never use it. I'll see what I can find out because these crashes are a little insane. And the CPU (via Activity Monitor) is sky high - sounds like my Mac is trying to take off whenever I fire up Ableton.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:18 pm

Okay, so this is superhelpful.

Managed to rest Live - when I boot up it no longer sounds like a spaceship, and CPU load (Activity Monitor) is totally acceptable. Nice!

Went to rescan plugins...crash! Question: from here, do I use the Apple Report feature to figure out which plugin isn't playing nice?

Trying to make sense of the report, it basically says Thread 0 is responsible for the crash...and the report IDs Thread 0 as Glitch Machines Fracture. I'll try getting rid of that (never use it) and see what happens :)

EDIT: Ahh, when I rebooted Live I got a message saying Glitch Machines Fracture caused a crash. Awesome!

Wolkenhauer

Post by Wolkenhauer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Oh, wow, I am glad this was helpful and I could be of use and not just seeking help myself. There is then a pattern emerging and Hybrid 3 is a culprit. Unfortunately, they do not respond, which for me is no problem since I do not use it but then this is also the reason why this problem is so difficult to solve. The crash when rescanning for plugins after resetting Live was the key for me to identify problems. I first did not remove Hybrid properly and only after a full removal of all related files it worked for me.

Ady138

Post by Ady138 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Yeah just started having the same crashing problem after installing Neutron.

Beginning to wind me up now

Any solutions out there?

craftycurate

Post by craftycurate » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 pm

It was an out of memory problem on Live x32. Switching up to x64 solved problem completely.