strange download of ableton issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micksmuse

strange download of ableton issue

Post by micksmuse » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:37 am

so had to get new computer and downloaded newest version of ableton and all the suite packs i got with it.

went to pull up some of my projects and everything was there but some drum media and after looking around it seems when ableton set up it pulled all the packs into "factory packs" but the downloaded pack "studio drums multimic"
i also noticed it didn't open the "max for live" that i downloaded. all the other packs show as deleted on my downloads file and are in the factory packs folder in my ableton file
i show the alp file for the studio drums multimic at the bottom of the factory packs folder but there is no folder for it above where the other ones are. there is session drums club and session drums studio but no session drums multimic folder and that is the only clue i have to why
i am missing the drum media files when i load projects. i don't use other vst's only the ableton packs.

any help would be appreciated

Stromkraft

Re: strange download of ableton issue

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

micksmuse wrote:when ableton set up it pulled all the packs into "factory packs" but the downloaded pack "studio drums multimic"
i also noticed it didn't open the "max for live" that i downloaded. all the other packs show as deleted on my downloads file and are in the factory packs folder in my ableton file
You need to reinstall your packs. These are separate pack installers and is not part of the main Live package. If you don't have the package installers around yu need to re-download them and install them.

Live drums packs

Did you install Max? What you have downloaded needs to be installed.
Make some music!

micksmuse

Re: strange download of ableton issue

Post by micksmuse » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:59 pm

thanks for the help. did all that manually and i am back in business. any help i have gotten through this ordeal is greatly appreciated.
so nice to have this forum.