Disappointed By Push2's Step Sequencer

Discuss Push with other users.
Kahinar

Disappointed By Push2's Step Sequencer

Post by Kahinar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 am

I'm using Live since more than 13 years. First time I feel so. I'm so sad. I've just bought my Push2. While I was writing on step sequencer, I realized that: if I enter a step which has 58 or less Velocity, it has no light on the seuencer (while usb powered).
it was not like that on Push1. it's unacceptable on any machine, hardware, controller etc..
I am not talking about to see them enough or clearly (I kow that we should use the power adapter to see everything brighter).
I mean the steps are filled but it shows null if they are set 58 or less velocities.
Is this kind of a Joke By Ableton? Are you saying "if u are not using power adapter, don't enter a step below 58 vel." or "if you enter it, don't try to edit them on Push2". Bull Shit.
Please fix this. This steps has to have some light at least very very dimmed.

sorry, I don't want to be rude, But I am really angry for this issue. I've lost my motivation because of it.
Last edited by Kahinar on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacOsX 10.6 MacBookPro 2.33

smutek

Re: Disappointed By Push2's Step Sequencer

Post by smutek » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:15 am

Huh, I didn't even realize you could use the Push 2 without the power adapter.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:57 am

It's doable but not recommended, Push 2 was definitely intended to be used with the PSU. The option for it to remain powered without the PSU is only as a safety back up should the PSU become accidentally disconnected.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

ash1

Post by ash1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 am

The biggest pain with the PSU is the length of the cable it's a pain in the ass

Kahinar

Post by Kahinar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 am

While Ableton introducing Push2, they was proud to say it is fully works with Usb power. (and they said, use adapter if you want display and leds brighter)
Lets accept this fail. this situation has no execuse. and it's very esy to fix for ableton.
MacOsX 10.6 MacBookPro 2.33

Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

I hate to be pedantic, but if they say "use adapter if you want display and leds brighter" and you actually want the leds to be brighter then....?

Where are you actually using push 2 on USB power?.. in a closet or a coal mine?.. as frankly i find it unusable at all without the power supply.
Kahinar wrote:While Ableton introducing Push2, they was proud to say it is fully works with Usb power. (and they said, use adapter if you want display and leds brighter)
Lets accept this fail. this situation has no execuse. and it's very esy to fix for ableton.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Mystic38 wrote:I hate to be pedantic, but if they say "use adapter if you want display and leds brighter" and you actually want the leds to be brighter then....?
:arrow:
Tarekith

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Mystic38 wrote:I hate to be pedantic, but if they say "use adapter if you want display and leds brighter" and you actually want the leds to be brighter then....?
:arrow:
This

Cheers
D

monsoonmoon

Post by monsoonmoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm

@ambientidm

does push 2 really work properly with numerology now? this would be awesome!

Bonehead

Post by Bonehead » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:30 am

8O

If you use it bus-powered regularly, is it prone to failure? I was so excited when I found out I didn't need a PSU for the Push 2 for my mobile setup.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:02 am

It's not prone to failure at all on USB power, but it is a lot dimmer than using the PSU. Personally I don't know how anyone can use it like that, and I like my studio really dark most of the time. Some people have no issues with it being that dim though.
Tarekith

Bonehead

Post by Bonehead » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Tarekith wrote:It's not prone to failure at all on USB power, but it is a lot dimmer than using the PSU. Personally I don't know how anyone can use it like that, and I like my studio really dark most of the time. Some people have no issues with it being that dim though.
Ah, even with the PSU hooked up, I only use it at only 20% brightness for screen and LEDs. My studio is quite dimly lit as well. I keep it around the same brightness as that of the Maschine Studio :mrgreen:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:59 pm

Kahinar wrote:"if u are not using power adapter
Why is using a power supply such a big deal? That you need one is one of the reasons I didn't get a Push 2, but getting a 2 means that either you accept you do need one or you accept dim pads.

If there only was a perfectly simple and bright reason why the Push 2 needs more power than the original Push. I wonder what that could be? (…)
Make some music!

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:42 am

depends on your eye sight I guess, push 2 looks clear in my spot even with the lights on