Insane CPU (since upgrade 9.6)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sekr

Re: Insane CPU (since upgrade 9.6)

Post by sekr » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:33 pm

For those who use a laptop, make sure that your power option is set to balanced and not power saver ! With windows, power saver is seriously messing the ableton cpu.

john "leborgne"

Post by john "leborgne" » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi all,

Since I made the upgrade from 9.6 to 9.7 I've also noticed some strange cpu usage...
Today, I was close to put Live 9.7 to trash.
Impossible to work, cpu climbs to 120%, Reaktor won't work, all sounds were crap.
My set was converted from 9.6 and it is not so big (20 tracks and 5 return bus).
Nothing works..
In one track, Massive was jumping to high level volume with no reason at the beginning of two midi clip (no automation at all from Massive) and was nice in another one...
Some tracks stays up when another one was in single mode, I'had to desable the track to cut the sound...
Setting a loop for two bar.. and cpu climbs up to more than 100%

BUT... going crazy with Massive issue, I've decided to duplicate one of the buggy clip.. et voilà, sound level was good again.
I've done the same thing for the other one with no luck, so I've decided to create an empty new midi clip and just copy all notes... and it works.
After that, I've tested duplication on entire track, next entire group of tracks...

And.. BINGO, the cpu come down to 40%, Reaktor reacts again, all sounds was restored :)

I pretty sure that the conversion process from 9.6 to 9.7 in completle buggy.
So, try to duplicate everything to see if, like me, you'll get lucky...

John

Vance

Post by Vance » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Just delete your preference.cfg - I've noticed these huge upswings in CPU when upgrading to new versions before, and every time, it goes back to normal when you trash your preferences.cfg and set up Live the you way like again, from scratch.