Push 2... now WTF

Discuss Push with other users.
LoveBung

Push 2... now WTF

Post by LoveBung » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:16 pm

most of the time it's a bitch to just get it started. every time i go to use it it'll get stuck on the logo, so i need to reboot it. then it'll turn on and when i start browsing sounds it'll just flip through them automatically, so i'll reboot it again. then it'll finally work. ridiculous.

now... it won't even start. i just get the push logo, then a blank screen. over & over again no matter what i do.

w.t.F!

LoveBung

Re: Push 2... now WTF

Post by LoveBung » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:19 pm

i triple checked the usb cable.. tried different ones even.. it isn't that.

i dunno about this thing........ thinking i should sell it before it dies completely. then buy a maschine. F this

Bdumaguina

Post by Bdumaguina » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:45 pm

On a PC or Mac?

LoveBung

Post by LoveBung » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:47 pm

PC

windows 7

Bdumaguina

Post by Bdumaguina » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Imagine getting this on your Push 2 man.
https://goo.gl/photos/d415y44t8u7DfZR36

Have you checked your AC adapter? Your Power supply I mean?

If you've updated to 9.7, make sure Push 2 firmware updated correctly.

Next would be to check the scripts, I tried editing the scripts of Push 1 before. But I always kept a back up of the original one in case I messed things up.
Scripts are here yeah.
C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 9 Suite\Resources\MIDI Remote Scripts
I think the original Push 2 scripts may be found over at Github, download them there and have Live recompile the script again.

And lastly, have you ever tried the Korg USB MIDI Driver utility? Look it up at Korg Support Downloads, it will help you uninstall corrupted drivers. Make sure to disconnect all controllers, MIDI devices, etc. before you delete corrupted drivers.
Push 2 seems to install two drivers upon connection. A display driver and another driver for the MIDI stuff I believe. One of yours maybe corrupted.

Hope this helps.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:55 pm

Check in Live's MIDI preferences, and see if Push 2 is selected twice as a Control Surface. If so, deselect one of those. You mentioned you tried different USB cables too, but one of the things that sometimes causes this issue is that the USB cable isn't inserted fully. It can be a tight fit feels like it's in all the way, but sometimes pushing it in a little harder will give you another "click" of engagement and then it works.

Try those and let us know if it works or not.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:45 pm

LoveBung wrote:most of the time it's a bitch to just get it started. every time i go to use it it'll get stuck on the logo, so i need to reboot it. then it'll turn on and when i start browsing sounds it'll just flip through them automatically, so i'll reboot it again. then it'll finally work. ridiculous.

now... it won't even start. i just get the push logo, then a blank screen. over & over again no matter what i do.

w.t.F!
More than a year since you bought it? If not, you should still have full warranty. For factory errors I believe it's 3 years in many parts of the world.
Make some music!

LoveBung

Post by LoveBung » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 pm

i bought it on ebay so i doubt i'm covered by any warranties

sucks cuz i like it a lot... when it works :(

i'm going to format/reinstall windows one of these days soon and see what happens. seems like it's a software issue... i hope.

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:30 am

LoveBung wrote:i bought it on ebay so i doubt i'm covered by any warranties

sucks cuz i like it a lot... when it works :(

i'm going to format/reinstall windows one of these days soon and see what happens. seems like it's a software issue... i hope.
Or you have any friends/family with a computer you could borrow. Just ask them to install the Live demo and plug in Push.

But hope its all good. If you bought using Paypal on Ebay, you hopefully can get something back

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:22 am

Is push coming up in device manager of windows when itt doesn't work?

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:07 pm

LoveBung wrote:PC

windows 7
Boy, are you in for it

I bought Push 2 the day it came out. My Push 2 screen didn't have waveforms or meters for MONTHS. I tried and tried to sort it out with Ableton support. First they told me it was unique to me. Then I pointed out cases on forums and knowledgebase of other people saying the same thing. I love how support teams the world over do this "well we can't reproduce it, it must be a unique to you" aka if we can't fix it and then give up easily, it's not our fault. I Just got that same line of bullshit from Steinberg about Cubase 9 this week too.

Ultimately they told me I should just... reformat and install to Windows 10. Like that's any kind of solution. Eventually I built a new PC and again with Windows 7, no waveform display, no meters. So maybe not so "unique" to my computer. Finally I switched to 10 and got the display working.And yet I have had many headaches on Windows 10 just getting Push 2 to initialize, just like you're having. What ended up working for me is to re-run the disc that came with my motherboard... installing drivers for all the various stuff on the mobo I guess.

I tell ya... most of the time I like Ableton support, and the guy I communicated with on this issue was cool enough. But the lack of help I got on this issue was absolutely fucking disappointing.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

AAdel

Post by AAdel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Push 2 is OK on both Win 10 and OSX as I tried.
Check your MIDI preferences, firmware, connection and etc. as others said here.
Adel Al Agha ???? ?? ???
Singer, Music Producer & Trainer
https://radionama.com

nenugnewa

Post by nenugnewa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:24 am

I am having the same problems... it did an automatic update on me, told me to turn off and on, and then I got a rainbow screen of death on the push 2... nothing (cables, computers etc) makes a difference... and it is now unfunctional...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 pm

If you've tried all the suggestions in this thread already, then your only real option is to contact support@ableton.com and see what they have to recommend.

mzivalich

Post by mzivalich » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:09 am

your midi scripts arnt right or are precompiled if it says .pyc you have to get all original its tedious and annoying