Touchable forum - gone girl

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Re: Touchable forum - gone girl

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:12 pm

S4racen wrote:I thought Link was in Traktor DJ?

Cheers
D
Link is in iMaschine and Traktor pro 2 (non-app)

But Link is not in the Traktor app or Maschine.

I don't know what they use to make these decisions haha

maky355

Post by maky355 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:09 pm

S4racen wrote:Roll back to a version of Live that's supported....?

With each new iteration we've had to update and fix things that get broken, its a reason that the Control Surfaces aren't documented as things change....

Cheers
D
Excuse me gimme a break. This is NOT my problem. To be fair and to begin with you could then say on AppStore clearly:

This software works only with specific version of Live - all future revision are questionable - in which case i would not say a thing because i accepted risk.

So i should be tied to software subversion because you can not follow?Umm i don't think so. Sorry if you where not ready for this but software does not work like that and you should prepare yourself or at least make it clear. Clearly i am not the only one expecting that your software worked under Ableton main revision number which is v9. Because things work like that but i can see you could hide behind this.

I would totally understand if you said to me roll back to v8, v10, v7 whatever but subversion no man. Well at least i know your point of view now and it is far from being acceptable for me as a user. I do understand issues you encountered with but like i said not my problem.

No disrespect intended. I may sound harsh but not trying to disrespect you. Have a nice weekend.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Sorry for any confusion, its not my software I was just trying to be helpful...

Cheers
D

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 pm

hmm, i hope they manage to stay around... i haven't gotten to use it as much as I'd like, but i like touchable so far.

i do have yeco (got it for the windows machine, before i switched), and may have a way to use it on the mac now... check out astropad.com, it's basically a way to send your screen to an ipad, and support touch. like touchable, except you are working actually on the mac desktop, not on a separate screen. have only tried it a couple minutes (and don't have yeco installed here) but it might provide a path there...

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm

maky355 wrote:[
This software works only with specific version of Live
This bit though is implied, how can anyone release anything with a guarantee that it will always work when they have no idea of what is going to happen with the host software, lifetime guarantees do not exist in the software world...

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:48 pm

At the same time. If they stopped offering the app, they would have to remove it from the store and remove it from download.

If that happened, a lot of people would be pretty ticked when they get a new device and can't put the app onto it.

kdogg456

Post by kdogg456 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:21 pm

If you look at their twitter on October 18th it looks like they have something big coming in the next few months. They're probably preparing for the launch of the next version with Ableton Live 10.

It works well for me on the latest beta and is hands down the best iPad app for Ableton. My guess is that they're overhauling the website for a relaunch - the next version will be more visually responsive even with EQ analyzer and compressors showing gain reduction etc... Or Ableton bought them and will bring them into their direct eco system.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:14 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
S4racen wrote:I thought Link was in Traktor DJ?

Cheers
D
Link is in iMaschine and Traktor pro 2 (non-app)

But Link is not in the Traktor app or Maschine.

I don't know what they use to make these decisions haha
I'm thinking part of it is not wanting to make it too easy not not to use their more expensive software and hardware. Traktor on iPad is pretty advanced but they really haven't added anything major in ages. I could even imagine the developers wanting to take it further but the NI bean counters don't see that as a good business move.

turbomartin

Post by turbomartin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:27 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...i think you got me wrong...i wanted to say that the support on their site was always slow / non existent...but when i contacted them directly via facebook i received a prompt reply...once they also sent me a special version of their server software to test it with my system and after that everything worked flawless (again)...

I have been in the same situation, and i can confirm that they do reply swiftly while their site/forum looks dead.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:01 pm

S4racen wrote:
maky355 wrote:[
This software works only with specific version of Live
This bit though is implied, how can anyone release anything with a guarantee that it will always work when they have no idea of what is going to happen with the host software, lifetime guarantees do not exist in the software world...

Cheers
D
As i said gimme a break and dont make me laugh. I would understand if software is not working with major version change let us say from Live 9 to 10 - but for incremental tiny changes between Live such as bug fixing between live version - like i said gimme a break. If you now will say that Touchable compatibility with Live is broken because Ableton staff introduced two new devices i can say - comedy

On top of that it is pretty clear why they abandoned it. Cause they are working on new version.

http://www.touch-able.com/blog/ latest news today "This new version will also be the last version of touchAble 3 in history. But don’t worry, we are working on the next major release, and we are very excited about it, the future of touchAble looks great! "

Cause they work on next major release of something different. Very confusing.

Oh well...Maybe this does mean they work on touchable 4 or something. Hopefully it will work as Yeco - directly from my computer into Live. I have had ZERO problems with it right from start.