Live is doing an update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NoSonic822

Live is doing an update

Post by NoSonic822 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:54 am

I'm getting that message now when I tried to open, what's in this update?

Stromkraft

Re: Live is doing an update

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:29 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:I'm getting that message now when I tried to open, what's in this update?
"9.7.1 Release Notes:

Improvements and feature changes:
  • Improved sound and timing of Complex and Complex Pro warp modes.
  • Added Control Surface support for M-Audio Code and CTRL49.
Bugfixes:
  • Live would crash at launch on OSX if the permissions for the system temporary folder were set to read only.
  • Live would crash when performing 'Undo' after grouping chains in a Rack.
  • Fixed a bug where the output of multiple audio tracks added to a Group Track via drag-and-drop would not be correctly set to the Group Track's input.
  • Fixed a bug which caused folded Group Tracks containing six or more tracks to unfold when moved, and Group Tracks containing five tracks to unfold when a sixth track was moved into them.
  • Link usage is now only possible with supported audio drivers. If Direct X/MME is in use, Link will be automatically disabled.
  • Launching playback in Live right after enabling Link would force all other apps to adjust their tempo.
  • The 64 bit Live version would fail to recall VST parameters when loading certain .fxp preset files on OSX. In addition to that, loading certain .fxb bank preset files could lead to crashes.
  • A visual glitch would affect folded Group tracks in arrangement, under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug where unavailable routings were not grayed out.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented certain units (e.g "ms") from being displayed in an Audio Unit's parameter value text.
  • Fixed an error in the software text for the Spanish language.
Changes for Push:
  • It is now possible to convert an audio clip to a Simpler or Drum Rack pad in Arrangement from Push.
  • Pressing Record on Push would stop a clip if the clip's Launch Mode was set to "Toggle".
  • Clip parameters on Push 2 were unresponsive after a Clip recording.
  • Live could crash when duplicating a track containing Simpler instances, if Push 2 was in use.
  • Live's CPU usage would jump to an unexpected high value on MacOS Sierra, if the Push 2 script was enabled but no Push 2 device was connected to the computer.
  • Frozen tracks no longer appear as a target when routing via Push 2.
  • When there was no device in a track, Push would display a device from a different track, if that track was being played by another track or a Control Surface.
  • When creating a clip by adding a step from Push, the clip length was always two bars by default, until the Fixed Length value was changed once after loading a set.
  • Push would not initialize when recovering a Set after a crash.
  • Choosing a scale on Push would pollute the Undo history.
  • The monitoring state would not be displayed when the routing target was set to "No Input", even if a signal was routed to this track's input from a different track.
>> Live 9 Release Notes
Make some music!

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 am

oh, so nothing really. i was expecting something..like something special

[erm]
Site Admin

Post by [erm] » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:08 am

Not all releases are big, there's a need for bug fix releases too.
Ableton Forum Administrator

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

i think this is the first time it's actually let me know it was updating. usually it just happens and i never even hear about it. probably because i tried to open it at the exact same split second it was updating.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:49 am

Inversoundzzz wrote:oh, so nothing really. i was expecting something..like something special
We actually don't need anything "special" IMHO. We need more incrementally bug fixes like for example:
  • The 64 bit Live version would fail to recall VST parameters when loading certain .fxp preset files on OSX. In addition to that, loading certain .fxb bank preset files could lead to crashes.
Which was a biggie for those of us that have plug-ins that refused to save specific presets for individual voices. For example Softube Heartbeat with which this only could be done in the 32bit version of Live. I was one of those reporting this issue to both Softube and Ableton.
Make some music!

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:13 am

Stromkraft wrote:We actually don't need anything "special" IMHO.
Well… Just one special thing please :) I would love for Ableton to support this whole new category of midi controllers like seaboard, linnstrument etc.
Last edited by hyperscientist on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 am

hyperscientist wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:oh, so nothing really. i was expecting something..like something special
I did not write that. Please attribute quotes correctly.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:11 am

hyperscientist wrote:I would love for Ableton to support this whole new category of midi controllers like seaboard, linnstrument etc.
We all would, I think.
Make some music!

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:32 am

Stromkraft wrote:I did not write that. Please attribute quotes correctly.
Fixed, sorry :)