this left me speachless

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:07 am

though i agree with what michael moore says (most of the time), i think the means he uses are exactly the ones he fights: global media, endoctrinment, stating the obvious, and making money out of it.

so in the end, i tend to just plug my ears as soon as i see michael moore is involved in something.
i believe one must be careful with ppl claiming things too loud...

dtm

Post by dtm » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:49 am

I agree totally, MM is like the extreme opposite of the fox propaganda parade, but when people attack what he is saying the way this guy does... (Leftist, acid dropping commie) know what I'm saying? He's got to be kidding, right? I'm convinced the only rational explanation is that he is really intelligent, and just likes saying shit that will piss other intelligent people off.
:?

sqook

Post by sqook » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:42 pm

peeddrroo wrote:though i agree with what michael moore says (most of the time), i think the means he uses are exactly the ones he fights: global media, endoctrinment, stating the obvious, and making money out of it.

so in the end, i tend to just plug my ears as soon as i see michael moore is involved in something.
You know, I shut this video off halfway through watching it, too. But my reason? ...I'd already read this guy quoted in the new york times, and seen references to it in a dozen other papers, too.

Don't be so ignorant as to dismiss the entire message simply because moore mirrored a TV rip on his stupid webpage. It's not like the clip has anything to do with george bush, globalization, gun control, or anything of that sort. Quit being so close minded, and kill the messenger only when he's speaking directly to you.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:50 pm

sqook wrote:
peeddrroo wrote:though i agree with what michael moore says (most of the time), i think the means he uses are exactly the ones he fights: global media, endoctrinment, stating the obvious, and making money out of it.

You know, I shut this video off halfway through watching it, too. But my reason? ...I'd already read this guy quoted in the new york times, and seen references to it in a dozen other papers, too.

Don't be so ignorant as to dismiss the entire message simply because moore mirrored a TV rip on his stupid webpage. It's not like the clip has anything to do with george bush, globalization, gun control, or anything of that sort. Quit being so close minded, and kill the messenger only when he's speaking directly to you.
i didn't watch the video, i was speaking about moore in general. he gives me this "peter and the wolf" feeling, you know what i mean...
but i absolutely don't mean he is wrong. i just don't like the character and the way he operates.
everybody knows bush is doing shit. i think that getting a name thanks to that is maybe even worse.

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:10 pm

fwiw, the video happens to be on michael moore's site, but the newscast was broadcast on major networks, it's legit.

If you go to http://boningboing.net they are giving a lot of space to a pair of bloggers who went into New Orleans and have set up a wireless uplink from there, journaling and posting pictures.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

montrealbreaks

Post by montrealbreaks » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:50 pm

Chris J wrote:So The Offender is back then. How many aliases has he got ?
I met Jack Mazotti on the Laptopalooza tour last year. He's a real person, I assure you. He won a complimentary copy of Live 4 in one of our contests.

Other than saying this, I am bowing out of this debate. Bye-bye.

I have changed my username; Now posting as:

M. Bréqs

astromass

Post by astromass » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:43 pm

put this shit on another forum..this one is for ableton.
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:26 pm

edit. This thread licks 18-year-old trustfund-brat balls.
Last edited by LOFA on Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

claudek

Post by claudek » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:42 pm

What makes me speachless? This is nothing new..Just read the news..
This is the real light on the US Gov't..I just think again it is a wake up call to all Americans to realize they better do something before their country really falls hard. I mean one more terror attack on a major city any day soon would really put America back way back...That country is not ready either..This is kinda proof..Bush and his War on Terror speaches and he cannot even properly help and aid his own family at home.
America voted for this moron- Bush..Now you pay the price. You get what you pay for as they say.
Now for Mr.Moore..He is a fat ass who is too far left and makes money off of politics.
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

milfbait

Post by milfbait » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:34 pm

OMFG! Hell just froze over! Bush sort of admitted he made a mistake. Is this a hoax?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4076

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:44 pm

milfbait wrote:OMFG! Hell just froze over! Bush sort of admitted he made a mistake. Is this a hoax?

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4076
i just watched it on TV.

now all he has left is to admit that the war in iraq is an utter failure, that it had nothing to do with 9-11, and that we'll never find Bin Laden alive.

then he's all even-steven.

claudek

Post by claudek » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:01 pm

This was kind of historic for the Bush times as he is so stubborn.
I think he had no choice as his ratings were becoming so low that he had to say he fuked up..Maybe a kind of : "I made a mistake..I'm sorry. forgive me, like God does"..speach.
He does not care so much I think, as he is out of the office next term and no need to please the public anymore as he does not need the votes.. he proved to daddy he could do 2 terms as well. Bush Sr did not leave his second term very well either...
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

reset

Post by reset » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:05 pm

Rest is from St. Bernard Parish. Lost computer and Ableton 5. St. Bernard was the hardest hit area in LA and got no media coverage. Finally after 5 days, the canadian mounties came to help. Not the feds.

just my 2 cents

reset
http://rclique.org
Little Phatty, MonoMachine, SH101/09, Xbase09, Micromodular, Moebius.

computo

Post by computo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:11 pm

montrealbreaks wrote:
Chris J wrote:So The Offender is back then. How many aliases has he got ?
I met Jack Mazotti on the Laptopalooza tour last year. He's a real person, I assure you. He won a complimentary copy of Live 4 in one of our contests.

Other than saying this, I am bowing out of this debate. Bye-bye.
Yes but have you seen him in the same room as Offender?

computo

Post by computo » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:17 pm

Farenheit 9/11 was a propaganda piece, that gave aid and comfort to the true perpetrators of 9/11...i.e. the Bushes and their cronies.

Moore didn't even bring up the Dick Cheney-ordered NORAD standdown on the day of 9/11, or the fact that FEMA was conducting a drill on the same day, at the same time, in the same place, with the same scenario, as actually happened, nor did he mention the anomolous "pulling" of WTC building 7.

Im no Michael Moore fan, but that video of aaron Broussard is quite telling, especially seeing as Moore is in no way related to it.