OSCiLLOT

Learn about building and using Max for Live devices.
ivarin

Re: OSCiLLOT

Post by ivarin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:25 pm

a quick question, are the updates to be released someday?
is it realistic to go in parallel with Bengal, or OSCiLLOT is abandoned now?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Have you logged into your Account to see if you have the latest version?

Cheers
D

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:51 pm

yeah, well, afaik the latest oscillot is 1.1.1 and bengal is 1.0.2.
the question is if oscillot is about to be further supported or this is kinda final state.

kleine

Post by kleine » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:51 pm

OSCiLLOT is of course not abandoned and will receive new and exciting updates as well.
All in good time - max for cats is not NI :-D

Best,
Christian

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:11 pm

perhaps i misused the word 'abandoned' :) glad to hear
for such a small company you do unbelievable amazing job indeed

thanks!

topaz

Post by topaz » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 am

Still patiently waiting for the 8 limit macro control to be lifted, this was requested quite a long time ago now. :(
Complete Cycle, Contemporary Music for Film, TV, Media & Games.
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Do you mean to control it through automation or through the Push for example??

Cheers
D

topaz

Post by topaz » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:07 pm

Push, modular = hands on :-)
S4racen wrote:Do you mean to control it through automation or through the Push for example??

Cheers
D
Complete Cycle, Contemporary Music for Film, TV, Media & Games.
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:25 pm

am i the only one who have Live craches every ... time when trying loading a set with OSCiLLOT used or even while patching? no matter what's build in there, i have never had a single session with OSCiLLOT without craches.
thus i barely use the pack. the other day i tried using it again and guess what? i can't open this Live set again cause few seconds later i'll have to press Ignore...

so i just wonder is there anything wrong with my laptop or what am i doing wrong? or maybe OSCiLLOT is indeed unusable?

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Are you using the latest version of Live and Max?

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Tarekith wrote:Are you using the latest version of Live and Max?
yepp, i'm always updated since that is the first thing to check when something's wrong and as you know it's always sometghin wrong with oscillot to me :)

ecuk

Post by ecuk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Are you using the latest version of OSCiLLOT? Version 1.1.2 came out only a few days ago, and according to at least one post in the OSCiLLOT forum on the Max for Cats site, it fixed someone’s long-standing crashes. The latest version should be available from your account page on Ableton’s site.

That said, I have reported a problem with the ‘check for update’ functionality of v1.1.2, as have a few others, and I haven’t yet heard anything back from Max for Cats. For me it now always reports that an update is available despite already having the latest and greatest version installed. Until the next version comes out, however, given that you can freely ignore the message, this is but a minor inconvenience.

In any case, the good folk at Max for Cats are usually very responsive to queries about problems, so you might want to get in touch with them directly.

Eric

ivarin

Post by ivarin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:54 pm

ecuk wrote:Are you using the latest version of OSCiLLOT? Version 1.1.2 came out only a few days ago, and according to at least one post in the OSCiLLOT forum on the Max for Cats site, it fixed someone’s long-standing crashes. The latest version should be available from your account page on Ableton’s site.

That said, I have reported a problem with the ‘check for update’ functionality of v1.1.2, as have a few others, and I haven’t yet heard anything back from Max for Cats. For me it now always reports that an update is available despite already having the latest and greatest version installed. Until the next version comes out, however, given that you can freely ignore the message, this is but a minor inconvenience.

In any case, the good folk at Max for Cats are usually very responsive to queries about problems, so you might want to get in touch with them directly.

Eric

Thanks, Eric,

i thinks i saw your post on maxforcats.com about that 'check for update' message, this issue is reproduced here as well hence i do have version 1.1.2 (and this is why i took another try with it, dissapointing though)
Christian indeed is kindly responsive, i've already messaged him.

the reason i'm posting things here is to get the idea of how stable oscillot seems to other users cause my personal experiense with it is extremely poor, i hardly can use it at all, with all respect to Christian tho, he does impressive work

ecuk

Post by ecuk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:26 pm

ivarin wrote: the reason i'm posting things here is to get the idea of how stable oscillot seems to other users cause my personal experiense with it is extremely poor, i hardly can use it at all, with all respect to Christian tho, he does impressive work
My experience with OSCiLLOT has been rather good. Of course, lack of evidence of problems is not the same as evidence of lack of problems. I have had the occasional crash, but no more than anything else with Live or M4L. This could simply be that I am mostly using it to noodle around with sounds, adding modules, plugging things together willy-nilly, endlessly twiddling knobs, as one does (for hours) with modulars. I am not doing anything overly serious with it that requires it to be robust (e.g., using it for live performance). But for me at least, OSCiLLOT has always worked great.

Eric

kleine

Post by kleine » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:20 am

@ivarin - you got mail.

Generally: if anyone experiences any technical irregularities, send your ableton Live report (Live's Help menu -> get support)
and a description of the issue to:
info at maxforcats dot com

Best,
c