Push 2 drumpad quality?

Discuss Push with other users.
prebentious

Push 2 drumpad quality?

Post by prebentious » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:47 pm

I'm a trained percussionist and currently I play drums with a dedicated drum pad controller. However, I would love to have access to 64 pads at once.
Has anyone moved from a high quality pad controller to push 2?
Does it have the same playability?
Thanks!

jlgrimes

Re: Push 2 drumpad quality?

Post by jlgrimes » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:41 pm

I suggest if you can trying it out in a store.

IMO the pads are good or at least better than the drum machine pads I've played with in the past. I've played with MPC pads (various), Boss Dr 660 pads, Roland Fantom, various controller pads (Korg Kontrol 49, Akai MPD16, 24,).

The pads IMO are better than most of those pads I've mentioned, or at least they seem to be of higher quality. Most drum pads I've played with where either too clunky (most MPC pads are though a lot of people like this), or too flimsy (Korg Kontrol, Boss Dr 660). Push 2 is neither. They have good dynamics which makes them better for instrument playing as well. MPC 4000 where about the only pads I liked. They were somewhat clunky but not too clunky and had a high quality feel to them. Push pads definitely aren't as rugged but they have good dynamics to them.

Only pads I like better are the Maschine pads. They are clunkier than the push pads but no where near as clunky as the MPC pads. Only gripe about the push pads are that they are small so they might not be as easy to play as bigger pads like Maschine, but they are of high quality.

Are you referring to drum pads you play with a drum stick or finger pads? Push definitely are finger pads and for finger drumming, probably wouldn't want to use sticks on them.

blof_eld

Re: Push 2 drumpad quality?

Post by blof_eld » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:33 am

prebentious wrote:I'm a trained percussionist and currently I play drums with a dedicated drum pad controller. However, I would love to have access to 64 pads at once.
Has anyone moved from a high quality pad controller to push 2?
Does it have the same playability?
Thanks!
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the Push 2 pads compared to a drum pad controller, if you do try it out.