Full Version of Ableton Sets / Live Lite

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Glitch & Pieces

Full Version of Ableton Sets / Live Lite

Post by Glitch & Pieces » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a Live Lite user who can't afford the standard version right now. In the past, me and a friend have used cracked versions of Live in which we have created a lot of songs.

Now that we are all legit with no cracked software being used, we'd like to return to our songs and remix them a bit.

I'm aware Live Lite is very limited and I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of reworking our songs in it's 8 track environment, I think it is achievable.

I understand if I open an 8+ track set with more than 4 VST's, Live Lite won't let me save, however, I hoped that if I remove tracks so that there are only 8 and remove VSTs so that there is no more than 4 it would then let me save and export. This doesn't seem to be the case, is anyone aware of a workaround for this please? (Besides upgrading, as it just isn't an option right now).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

jestermgee

Re: Full Version of Ableton Sets / Live Lite

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 am

Glitch & Pieces wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a Live Lite user who can't afford the standard version right now. In the past, me and a friend have used cracked versions of Live in which we have created a lot of songs.

Now that we are all legit with no cracked software being used, we'd like to return to our songs and remix them a bit.

I'm aware Live Lite is very limited and I'm actually looking forward to the challenge of reworking our songs in it's 8 track environment, I think it is achievable.

I understand if I open an 8+ track set with more than 4 VST's, Live Lite won't let me save, however, I hoped that if I remove tracks so that there are only 8 and remove VSTs so that there is no more than 4 it would then let me save and export. This doesn't seem to be the case, is anyone aware of a workaround for this please? (Besides upgrading, as it just isn't an option right now).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D
Don't start what you can't finish. It's good that you now wish to do things legit, but you really can't expect help to rescue your projects from the illegal versions to a less capable and almost free version now. Your old projects will work just fine in the standard version so I'd suggest saving your pocket money. It's really not that much of an investment. Hunt around for a live lite to standard upgrade price. Around $200 US isn't that major. Go cut mrs Jones lawn or something.

piZMo

Re: Full Version of Ableton Sets / Live Lite

Post by piZMo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:17 am

save as?