Scene Name included in new recorded clip name.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ned rush

Scene Name included in new recorded clip name.

Post by ned rush » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:54 pm

If you have tracks that are named a certain way, and you record a new clip, then that track name gets included into the name of the new clip, but from what ive just worked out, not the scene name....

So, I can't say, for example, have my 4 tracks, 1 Kick, 2 Snare, 3 Hat, 4 Room, and my scenes intro, verse chorus, and not get the scene name included into the newly recorded clip names?

If not, WHY NOT?!?!

What if I want to use scenes as takes, so i can see which tracks are clearly from which take?

Sure, it prefixes the clip with a number to indicate the increments at which a new clip has been recorded, but that can go out of sync with other clips if you record a single clip separate from the others.

Basically, what I want to do is setup a multitrack session and use the scenes for takes, and have Ableton auto name the tracks and takes.

But it looks like it wont.

Unless somehow can tell me how?

Thanks

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: Scene Name included in new recorded clip name.

Post by [jur] » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:56 am

Why not? Because otherwise you won't ever have to deal with M4L :-)

I'm moving this to the Feature Wishlist forum so we can keep track of this good idea.
Ableton Forum Moderator

ned rush

Re: Scene Name included in new recorded clip name.

Post by ned rush » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 am

[jur] wrote:Why not? Because otherwise you won't ever have to deal with M4L :-)

I'm moving this to the Feature Wishlist forum so we can keep track of this good idea.
Ah. I already posted a new thread on the same subject in the feature request forum. Now there's two threads on the same subject.