Apple fusion drive issues, solved?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
AudioCycles

Apple fusion drive issues, solved?

Post by AudioCycles » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 am

Hey guys,

I'am about to buy a new imac. To save money i was thinking togo for the fusion drive. But, i read a few posts talking about fusion drive and audio issues. These posts are pretty old. So, i was wondering if the problems have been solved? Any experience to share?

I use a soundcraft signature 12 MTK. Currently working perfectly on my MBP 2011.

Thanks for your return.

Ben

Morn

Re: Apple fusion drive issues, solved?

Post by Morn » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 am

Hi,

I don't know about those posts, but having an i7 iMac (Sierra) with Fusion Drive I can report that I never ran into any errors at all.
Since I am not using a 12 MTK I can't say anything about that specific combination.

Hope that helps.

AudioCycles

Post by AudioCycles » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks Morn.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:58 am

AudioCycles wrote:Hey guys,

I'am about to buy a new imac. To save money i was thinking togo for the fusion drive. But, i read a few posts talking about fusion drive and audio issues. These posts are pretty old. So, i was wondering if the problems have been solved? Any experience to share?

I use a soundcraft signature 12 MTK. Currently working perfectly on my MBP 2011.
Do yourself a favour and get an SSD. 1TB is minimum as far as I'm concerned. The difference for music production is night and day and the drive is a stupid thing to try to save money on. The fusion just don't cut it in comparison. I've used both.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:09 am

Agreed, it's the single easiest thing you can do to make your computer feel a LOT faster. Worth saving up for until you can do it right.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com