Justice DANCE Live Version

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
accessrequired

Justice DANCE Live Version

Post by accessrequired » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:36 am

Hi everyone,

Most of those who like house/French house/dance music have heard of and listened to the group Justice. I'm a huge fan of their work. I was just curious about the particular song DANCE the live version. There are certain parts of the song where it sounds like they are creating some sort of wobble or a sort of scratching noise in their synth. Listen to the song and you'll know what I'm talking about. It's on Apple Music, Spotify, etc as DANCE Live Version. I figured it is some sort of effect or plug in but I would like to see what everyone else's ideas are. Comment!
Alienware 15 VR2, Live 9.7, Akai MPK249 controller, Roland JDXI Hybrid synth, scarlett interface, JBL monitors, line 6 and behringer amps, 4+ guitars.

hacktheplanet

Re: Justice DANCE Live Version

Post by hacktheplanet » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:14 pm

LFO pitch mod with a big envelope. Sounds like it's just sort of activated very briefly. Maybe you'd map it to a pad to make it easy to "punch it in".

Quirk

Post by Quirk » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:03 am

Fom your description and from what I remember Justice spinning live during their show almost 10 years ago, it was the MSTRKRFT remix of D.A.N.C.E.. That version has those long synth pulls, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuun,du,da,dun,da,duunnnnnnn, with the lfo/amp fx flourish at the end. I think that's what you're talking about. Check out that MSTRKRFT remix, and you'll probably have an easier time decoding what's going on that the live recording.

accessrequired

Post by accessrequired » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:12 am

Quirk wrote:Fom your description and from what I remember Justice spinning live during their show almost 10 years ago, it was the MSTRKRFT remix of D.A.N.C.E.. That version has those long synth pulls, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuun,du,da,dun,da,duunnnnnnn, with the lfo/amp fx flourish at the end. I think that's what you're talking about. Check out that MSTRKRFT remix, and you'll probably have an easier time decoding what's going on that the live recording.

They do a studio version of the track as well, for their live performances. That's the one I'm talking about. I assumed it was some sort of LFO and envelope work, but just wasn't sure.
Alienware 15 VR2, Live 9.7, Akai MPK249 controller, Roland JDXI Hybrid synth, scarlett interface, JBL monitors, line 6 and behringer amps, 4+ guitars.