Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm volume to low with Clarette 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EasyWorkflow

Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm volume to low with Clarette 8

Post by EasyWorkflow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:56 am

Friends...I was under the impression that a low ohm headset does not need an amp before the interface. I have maxed out every possible volume knob and yet still not cranking. Is this normal for a Clarett pre with this low ohm headset?

If so, any recommendations which preamp to pickup?

Thanks

BobbyD

miyaru

Re: Beyer Dynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm volume to low with Clarette 8

Post by miyaru » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 am

Am I right thinking you connect it to a Line Out of the Focusrite? If so - that would not work....

Connected to the Headphone out it should work properly, unless you really like it superloud. Most devices are restricted in their volume to protect our ears.

Chime in again, and tell us how you connect it.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Bobby D :D

I got the same headphones,and I connect them into the headphone socket dedicated for that purpose.More than loud enough for me,
Also check your mix control panel panel (if you have one

mine has a Dim button that actually reduces the volume of the output,to you headphones to save your hearing.

If that's on,then the overall volume will be reduce regardless of the volume control on your Audio interface.
Below if a google drive link to a screen shot of the Scarlett interface.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2UFi ... zFTeEhwaE0
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic

EasyWorkflow

Post by EasyWorkflow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:17 pm

david.barker wrote:Hi Bobby D :D

I got the same headphones,and I connect them into the headphone socket dedicated for that purpose.More than loud enough for me,
Also check your mix control panel panel (if you have one

mine has a Dim button that actually reduces the volume of the output,to you headphones to save your hearing.

If that's on,then the overall volume will be reduce regardless of the volume control on your Audio interface.
Below if a google drive link to a screen shot of the Scarlett interface.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2UFi ... zFTeEhwaE0
Now that I think about it, I never had the issue with the scarlett 2i4. So you may be correct about mix control panel even though I am sure I must have tried that. I will do so again. If that doesn't work I will call Sweetwater's tech dept. And yes, I tried the dim button and had no impact.

Thanks

EasyWorkflow

Post by EasyWorkflow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:19 pm

miyaru wrote:Am I right thinking you connect it to a Line Out of the Focusrite? If so - that would not work....

Connected to the Headphone out it should work properly, unless you really like it superloud. Most devices are restricted in their volume to protect our ears.

Chime in again, and tell us how you connect it.

The Scarlett has two dedicated headphone jacks on front so thanks for the suggestion but I think the other member may be correct regarding the software mix panel.
Appreciate trying to help..

Rock on!!

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:53 am

That is one step further.... Yes check the softwarepanel! It can be daunting, but once you know it, it is very powerfull. And yes maybe the headphone or the interface has a defect. I have a 250 Ohm DT 770 (old one 15 yrs old), and a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 - and is loud of a combination. It should be OK in your case.

Good luck, and chime in if you have more questions!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

david.barker

Post by david.barker » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi there :D

Just a thought,added onto my previous post.The mixer panel,is the outputs routed correctly,no mono channel etc?
Dell Optilplex 9010,Windows Pro 10 10 64 bit .16GB ram, Intel i5 3570 chip,@ 3'40GHz 4 cores
1TB SSD main drive, external drive 6TB SSD for various Kontakt libraries

https://soundcloud.com/ambientdavemusic