Is today a bad time to buy Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
SvenH

Is today a bad time to buy Push?

Post by SvenH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:00 am

Having started using Live recently and getting into it more and more, I am getting interested in Push too.

Would it be unwise to buy Push 2 today? Can we expect Push 3 to be just around the corner? I don't want to buy Push 2 today, just to find out that there is a version 3 tomorrow that for instance integrates better with arrangement view...

Stromkraft

Re: Is today a bad time to buy Push?

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:33 am

SvenH wrote:Having started using Live recently and getting into it more and more, I am getting interested in Push too.

Would it be unwise to buy Push 2 today? Can we expect Push 3 to be just around the corner? I don't want to buy Push 2 today, just to find out that there is a version 3 tomorrow that for instance integrates better with arrangement view...
Just get one. If you want to play it safe, get a Push 1, which is just as good unless you really need that display for something specific (beyond that it would be nice).

Personally I feel a Push 3 is a little soon, but if Live 10 is around the corner who knows what Ableton deems necessary to utilize whatever features are in there.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 am

I would say Push 2 is far superior, except as a controller for other DAWs.
I wouldn't worry that much about Push 3, The only major improvement I could see in Push 2 would be another touch strip in terms of it's basic premise. The rest is software improvements.

To put it succinctly Push 1 isn't much better than a Launchpad, Push 2 makes the knobs useable IMO, and doesn't have the dim LED issues Push 1 has.

Imag;ne

Post by Imag;ne » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:48 am

I agree. I don't see room for much improvement in the Push 2 hardware. It really is a great instrument and workflow / performance tool.

However, there is plenty room in implementing new features in the software like they did with displaying Simpler waveform on Push.

SvenH

Post by SvenH » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:07 pm

So, the consensus seems to be that I should not let concerns about "a possibly soon to come Push 3" hold me back. :D

Thanks for your replies!

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:36 pm

join me in boycotting push 3 unless they put a physical crossfader on it, and not anymore touch strips :mrgreen:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 pm

starving student wrote:join me in boycotting push 3 unless they put a physical crossfader on it, and not anymore touch strips :mrgreen:

All-right. deal! I'll boycott Push 3 until it's announced. :P
Make some music!

starving student

Post by starving student » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am

well, maybe one more strip for Machines but that's it :x