MPD24 start stop buttons automatically mapped help.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
prprprpr

MPD24 start stop buttons automatically mapped help.

Post by prprprpr » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi,

I have old, but still very nice mpd24. It has << >> STOP PLAY REC buttons, they are automatically mapped to ableton stop play record and I want to map them on other parameters. But I cant find a way to delete mapping. How to do that? I have important performance on Monday, need those buttons:/ Thank you!

yur2die4

Re: MPD24 start stop buttons automatically mapped help.

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:10 pm

There are two things to consider.

1. There are two modes for those buttons. One is as cc controls, the other is as midi command controls. When they are in cc mode they can be remapped.

2. You need 'Remote' on for midi preferences for that controller in order to map things.

prprprpr

Post by prprprpr » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Doesn't help :((

1. Ofcourse it's remaped to CC that's why they actually can be mapped, but ableton automatically maps those on stop play etc.

2. Remote is on in preferences still parameters are automatically mapped

I actually want to use those buttons on MPD to map on ableton looper whats happening when I map per say to any of those buttons to record loop and add another layer on top(map on +). It doesn't allow to add a layer on top it goes into PLAY mode than after one time going trough loop goes back into + mode and deletes the loop you played on top. If you use mouse it works fine.

It seems like by default ableton uses those numbers to control ableton stop play and because of that it missinterprets. Any suggestions? p.s thanks for suggestions "yur2die4"

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Because of the behavior of Looper, it is generally best to map it to midi notes instead of cc, and to qwerty.