How do you burn a CD?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
magicjeff

How do you burn a CD?

Post by magicjeff » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Wondering how to burn a CD. Also how to manage the audio file. It was too large to send in an email and had to use Google Drive. What if person doesnt have tht available? what is best way to send? Thanks, Jeff

runningwithit

Re: How do you burn a CD?

Post by runningwithit » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 pm

You can send a drive link to your audio track and the other person doesn't need necessarily have google drive to access that link, just an email address and working computer is needed.

Assuming they don't have computer and you want to give your music to them you would burn a disc outside of Ableton.

You would burn a disc via your operating system. For Windows:

Insert the disc into the disc drive on your computer.

Then go to the windows navigator.

Alongside My Computer, My documents, etc. , you should see Blank Disc, click that and you have what functions like an empty folder. You drag and drop files into that. When you have all the files in there, you can right click and select Burn Disc.

It will be practically the same process for Linux or Apple.

Hope this helps!
-runingwithit aka meisterable
https://soundcloud.com/miesterabel

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am

Are you sending an mp3 file? I'm assuming so since most email services wouldn't handle an attachment the size of a song in wav format.

If you are sharing an mp3, another way would be to upload it to SoundCloud as a "private" track, then share the private link with your friend via email. You can set it for download too, if desired.

Otherwise, Google drive seems the way to go. It offers the first 15 GB for free. Quite a bit more than the other services out there.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Richie Witch wrote: Otherwise, Google drive seems the way to go. It offers the first 15 GB for free. Quite a bit more than the other services out there.
Not much experience with Google drive, since I'm trying to totally rid myself of the spy monster (gmail is the last hold out), but I have used Mega.nz (of Kim Dotcom fame) and am very happy with it. Good security, fast speeds, good GUI, (free) client software for desktop and mobile and you get 50GB! on the free tier.