Ableton 10 suggestions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Quez

Re: Ableton 10 suggestions

Post by Quez » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:03 am

1) processing optimization, including the multi-core load use for rewire programs
2) the ability to sample directly into Simpler, Sampler, Impulse and the Drums Racks
3) aftertouch support
4) sysex support
5) vst3 support
6) selectable regions for effects (as in the new logic update)
7) an integrated tracker view/mode, which clips could be dragged into arragement view piano roll for easy
integration in the rest of a song (of course also playable from session view)

mareproduction

Post by mareproduction » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello Ableton user and Ableton developers

I recently tray Studio One 3 Daw and he have some great features. This I would love to see in Ableton 10:

1. PErformance monitor:
List of all vst loaded in Daw and you can uncheck (kill) plugin who is killing processor.
Picture:
http://i68.tinypic.com/x2s0nc.jpg

2. Arranger track:
Select all track below that arrange name (like intro or cours) and drag all events around. Arranger track is alwas on top.
Picture:
http://i68.tinypic.com/ejc5de.jpg

ned rush

Post by ned rush » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:25 pm

This just came to me today.

When midi editing in a clip, I'd like to select a note, or click and drag to select a group of notes, right click to a submenu to select which midi cc message I want to automate.

xer4111

Post by xer4111 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:04 am

Quez wrote:1) processing optimization, including the multi-core load use for rewire programs
2) the ability to sample directly into Simpler, Sampler, Impulse and the Drums Racks
3) aftertouch support
4) sysex support
5) vst3 support
6) selectable regions for effects (as in the new logic update)
7) an integrated tracker view/mode, which clips could be dragged into arragement view piano roll for easy
integration in the rest of a song (of course also playable from session view)
On Item 3), I trust you mean Polyphonic Aftertouch (polypressure), correct? Live already supports channel aftertouch. I'm with you if you meant polyAT!

hps909

Post by hps909 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:10 am

scissor tool in audio editor
fix midi timing for external sequencers
SYSEX!!!
vst 3 support
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

mooncaine

Post by mooncaine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Modify the Analog synth so that I can set its Pitch Bend range to 24.

It'd be a great synth for me if it could do that. I have controllers and many setups that are stuck on a PB range of 24 and can't be changed. My main MIDI controller is a guitar synth that only has one setting: 24.

icehouse

Post by icehouse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I would like to see COMPING in version 10 please.

the disquiet

Post by the disquiet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:47 am

Multiple midi track editing !!!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:31 am

• Make Sampler as magnificent as it deserves to be. At minimum everything Simpler does, Sampler should be able to do. Don't stop at that though.
  • Add ability for Sampler to read loop points from external samples. I mean C'mon, it's an accepted standard!
  • Make it much easier to open third party sampler presets, like Kontakt, EXS24, HALion and so on and translate also all settings (excluding protected samples obviously), at minimum all sample layout.
  • Replace Operator, Analog, Collision, Tension with something much better and include U-he among the contracted builders. Update Electric! The Live 9 instruments should of course be available as well, in the form of legacy installations.
  • Add EMU style filters like for example Curtis CEM3387 to Auto-filter and all instruments. Implement these properly and ask the contractors for approving the usage in each instrument.
  • Make an effort to make presets that actually reflect what you can do with your instruments and (to a lesser degree) effects.
  • Improve Compressor so it doesn't click with certain bass sounds! (Which third party compressors don't have a problem with at similar settings)
  • Make grooves selectable and editable from the Pushes by putting them into the API!
  • Put everything anybody could want into the API. Open up Live!
  • Make Stray an offer he accepts and get all functionality from PXT Live and PXT Live Plus available in the native Pushes, not necessarily an exact duplicate but as much as possible.
  • Make new solutions for presets that actually work also with third party plug-in devices.
  • Add support for polyphonic aftertouch more than a decade too late. Better than never.
  • Add MPE support. Stay on the forefront!
  • Make the Convolution Reverbs native and add pictures to the factory library.
  • Make LFO and other core devices native and make it possible to modulate anything on any track from one single place.
  • Work on performance and resource management. There's no reason Live should ever trip up. Implement an analysis system that informs the user where a certain section risks not being able to playback and make solutions for this available.
  • Implement Crackle detection (audio buffer underruns for example) and make immediate automatic counter-measures available.
  • Allow the user to tell Live which tracks are the most important and which are not and drop playback of the less important if the system can't keep up without crackling (as many as needed to keep error-free playback).
  • Run-every plug-in and device in its own space so it can't crash the whole DAW
  • Improve the information to users for timeline placement of recordings. Make all this business as transparent as posible for everyone, even newbies.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 am

Stromkraft wrote:
  • Make Sampler as magnificent as it deserves to be. At minimum everything Simpler does, Sampler should be able to do. Don't stop at that though.
  • Add ability...
...agreed with almost everything.

Just one more, but different:

Return to the communication ways of Henke-Times.
Less fancy idols stuff, more technical backrounds.

See how U-HE, RME, and even Uli Behringer communicate today and how successful that
works with particular products?
I´m shure that creates greater affections!

Greets,
*S.

mortalengines

Post by mortalengines » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:08 pm

I'd love to see Sampler either Host and Sample VST plugins, like DiscoDSP's Bliss, OR the live sampling feature now available in Steinberg's Halion 6, where a single note sample is automatically mapped chromatically across the keyboard

tone61

Post by tone61 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:36 pm

In previous versions of Live, Ableton has co-operated with AAA to make custom versions of their VSTs.
Maybe here is a new effect that could become part of Live 10?

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/objeq-delay/

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 am

That was my first thought too, I would LOVE to see a native version of this one :)

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am

Sure these have all been posted bit another vote for the following:

1. Poly Aftertouch, MPE etc.

2. SysEx support.

3. MIDI editor full screen support, some way to not have to drag the subwindow around.

4. Choices on the click sound and whether it has an accent.

5. Automation types, more than one behavior with automation writing.

6. It would be nice to not have to align the clips from a Session Scene into their tracks in Arrangement. How often does anyone want to drag clips to tracks in the Arrangement they aren't on in Session???

7. Finer Quantization choices. At least 64th FFS!

8. Allow the Live browser to browse all your hard drives without indexing please. I might use it if they did. :x

9. Maybe I'm missing something, but it would be nice to be able to raise and lower the db in a clip from Push2.

10. Sampler love, what everyone has mentioned about improving it I agree. As it stands I never use it, Simpler I use, and Kontakt... Sampler sucks, one filter for all samples? you get more out of multi Simpler racks, it's severely limited, a sad reality since Live is essentially a sampler in action.

11. Freaking implement a network collaboration feature like they said they would! :x :x Live is ubiquitous! the singer I'm working with has a copy, I could collaborate on arrangements so much easier....

Besides the Sampler improvements and poly aftertouch of some kind I'm probably not going to see any of my peeves in 10, not sexy are minor improvements to existing features too hard to sell to marketing departments at companies... :x

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 am

tone61 wrote:In previous versions of Live, Ableton has co-operated with AAA to make custom versions of their VSTs.
Maybe here is a new effect that could become part of Live 10?

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/objeq-delay/
Nice package.

But honestly,
is there any sound sample we cannot do with L9 already?
Is it really wise for Live 10 to put more effort in repacking again?
Shouldn´t we put our claims a bit higher??
:roll:

We can see lots of (i-)wishes here,
but barely visions.

Slowly i need to agree what the Admins admit to observe.
That might be not the right place to talk about it.
:cry: