Using Session View on Push 2 to trigger samples, MPC style!

Discuss Push with other users.
wcmoriarty

Using Session View on Push 2 to trigger samples, MPC style!

Post by wcmoriarty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi All,

I've recently discovered the launch options in session view and their capability to turn session view into a massive sampler for making classic Hip-Hop instrumentals. Awesome! I was using Sampler before.

My only trouble is that when using Push, I need to quickly adjust the start point by very small increments. Unfortunately, moving the "start" knob moves the start point of the clip/sample by MASSIVE intervals, seeming to move from transient to transient. I need to use the start-point knob in "clip" mode to make very fine adjustments, just the same as it works in the software. Seems very odd that there is no obvious way to adjust the start point of clips by individual ticks/samples on the Push 2.

If anyone could help me out, that would be fantastic.

Thank you!

Tarekith

Re: Using Session View on Push 2 to trigger samples, MPC style!

Post by Tarekith » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:47 am

Hold down Shift on Push while turning the knobs for smaller increments.

wcmoriarty

Post by wcmoriarty » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Tarekith wrote:Hold down Shift on Push while turning the knobs for smaller increments.
This doesn't seem to adjust the start position by small increments when editing clips in the session view. I need to adjust the start point with the same accuracy found using the "start" knob in simpler... This seems like an odd feature to leave out, I must be missing something... Thank you anyway!

frabo

Post by frabo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:06 pm

+ 1 for that

I alway missing this. And I can not believe, that Ableton think we all need the adjustment of the start point of a sample in quantized steps. Because, we all use only and ever fixed loop samples ?
This is a must have in one of the next updates and I have already send them a suggestion, but please, send them again, again and again ....

In best hopes ...

Imag;ne

Post by Imag;ne » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 pm

+1 here!