Push 2 and Pod Farm 2 (and maybe Helix Native)

Discuss Push with other users.
Buleriachk

Push 2 and Pod Farm 2 (and maybe Helix Native)

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:47 pm

This may be common knowledge, but it sure wasn't to me.

I was delighted to discover that all the parameters of the Pod Farm VST Devices are mapped to Push 2 automatically, so that one can tweak them from within a live Project. There is all kinds of additional mapping one can do as well (The mixer parameters appear in Bank 5).

The easiest way is to group the devices you use the most, but you have to experiment with what works best...

I am hopeful that Helix Native will map the same way...

Tarekith

Re: Push 2 and Pod Farm 2 (and maybe Helix Native)

Post by Tarekith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Is helix native out yet?

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 pm

No, I'm waiting... and waiting... and waiting...

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Very curious to see this. Been a huge Line6 fan for years and was about to get a Helix when they were released, then saw there was a native version coming :)

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah, I don't jump around on the stage any more (actually, I never did...:), so don't need the footswitches. And the mouse actually works very well in Pod Farm 2.5, but for those who like to tweak knobs, it is there in Push 2.

But the touch screen implementation looks very good to me in what I've seen so far of Helix Native..
I had gone away from Pod Farm for a long time, since I found out the HW wouldn't tweak software after they ditched Gearbox. And even the HD500x is the same way, which I am sending back unopened (I have to pay return postage which pisses me off.) It looked like a nice replacement for my Pod x3, but it doesn't even have dual channels for easily recording wet/dry like the GT-001.

But no matter how good the Helix is, I think 1400 is outrageous, and even 999 for the LT... The products are really attractive, but so are high maintenance women.... :)