PLEASE FIX THE SCREEN ISSUES

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

PLEASE FIX THE SCREEN ISSUES

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:30 am

Upgraded to Live9 six months ago. Still cannot us this software as expected. Mouse issues have been reported many many times. No resolution so far. ABLETON - for me at this stage your product simply SUSKS!
Live9 on 4K monitors is useless !
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Warmonger

Re: PLEASE FIX THE SCREEN ISSUES

Post by Warmonger » Mon May 01, 2017 6:45 am

I use Ableton at 4K right now.

Ableton scaling is 140%. Harmor scaling is set to 150%.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon May 01, 2017 9:52 am

Warmonger wrote:I use Ableton at 4K right now.
And how do the GUI elements work for you? How do you scale all your plug-ins?
Make some music!

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue May 02, 2017 4:32 am

I posted numerous messages on the forum and to the support about this issue. LIVE9 on 4k monitors simply SUCKS!
What pisses me off is fact that after 6 months (since I reported this) they did nothing! For the most part I'm not able to see (because those fckn fonts are so small), and even if I use ZOOM feature then my mouse is not working on sliders, knobs and rezizing the view. I don't know WHF is going on with this company but I'm completely frustrated. Although the plugins do not resize I have no problem using mouse on plugins (just in Live9).
We simply really need to scream at loud so they do something about it. This product should have warning when sold: "LIVE 9 IS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK ON 4K MONITORS"
If I would see it I would not pay for an upgrade. Just wasted my money for this crap!

Arthur
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue May 02, 2017 4:34 am

ohhhh, did I say I also requested many times changing the fonts - they are super hard to read, but perhaps they do not know yet what the CLEAR TYPE is....
Sadarahu

Warmonger

Post by Warmonger » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 am

Stromkraft wrote:
Warmonger wrote:I use Ableton at 4K right now.
And how do the GUI elements work for you? How do you scale all your plug-ins?
Each plugin has its internal scaling, or doesn't. Live has nothing to do with it. Either way, I can use them just fine - some are just too small to be seen easily.
For the most part I'm not able to see (because those fckn fonts are so small), and even if I use ZOOM feature then my mouse is not working on sliders, knobs and rezizing the view
How about you post a picture explaining your problems? Because I posted a screenshots where everything works fine :roll:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue May 02, 2017 12:35 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:I posted numerous messages on the forum and to the support about this issue. LIVE9 on 4k monitors simply SUCKS!
As I just said elsewhere, for some reason you never see 5k iMac users post about this. I really have to check Live on one.

Is it absolutely necessary to use CAPS so much? You're weakening your case going on like that. We get that you're angry, but we are fellow users and are not behind your situation. Vent somewhere else, seek solutions here.
Make some music!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue May 02, 2017 1:15 pm

it's pretty obviously a problem. it was fixed on OSX years ago, but has not yet been fixed for Windows. On a laptop screen of 13 inches it's ridiculous. Either microscopic or blurry.

ABLETON ADMIT THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM IN WINDOWS
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... I-Monitors
PROBLEM : Live's GUI appears blurry or out-of-focus on Windows systems using high-resolution monitors.
Solution: “Disable display scaling on high-DPI settings”.
On my laptop if I use this "solution" as Ableton recommend (Compatibility->"disable display scaling for high DPI. " )- the application is microscopic.

Here. This is the outcome of the "solution".
bear in mind this photo is larger than life size

here it is at actual size. Nice eh? just check out those super-readable labels!
Put your thumb up to the screen and compare scaling.
So - suggestions that I use Ableton's zoom to 200% .. look at that image again. 200% of 1px is 2px. This is the "solution" !!

If I use a normal startup (not disabling display scaling) the application is blurred.

The people who are saying "this is not a problem" need to ask why this was fixed for Macs in version 9.1.7
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=210046
>Updated the pixel font (used primarily in device LCDs like Operator) for retina displays. Also

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue May 02, 2017 4:08 pm

Angstrom wrote:
The people who are saying "this is not a problem" need to ask why this was fixed for Macs in version 9.1.7
Anyone really is saying that? This is just as bad as if Live didn't support SSD drives on one of the platforms as they were so blistering fast and not on the other…
Make some music!

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Tue May 02, 2017 5:56 pm

As i said in many threads already, Ableton knows about that issues.
So there´s no doubt that they exist.
I had dialog with support, May 2015.
Told me it´s adressed and thanks for my patience.

Question to everyone:

What´s the adequate time to get nervous?
Or even p...ed?
:?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 pm

Now is a good time.

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Tue May 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Angstrom wrote:Now is a good time.
Yeah.

While i am waiting for a fix for two years,
Now people discuss if that problem exists.

(singing)...And here we loop again.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue May 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Stefan Jantschek wrote: Now people discuss if that problem exists.
Again, that's not what I've read into this. I just think this affects people on Windows differently for some reason. It's also somewhat personal what kind of sizes different people would like to see in the Live GUI elements on a high res display.

Now, instead of discussing whether there are people denying this problem area or not, one could start a new discussion and invite people to link to (not post inline unless you'd like to exclude readers without high res) screen dumps of their best display size along with their settings. That way there could be some wider knowledge about this issue.
Make some music!

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 pm

I made another post here and the ADMIN locked it hoping to shout my mouth, but this does not resolve a problem. I do not have notebook or another PC to use Live. Because I use this same PC for other tasks I cannot afford to switch resolutions (on 3 monitors) every time I want to use product. When I change Live9 ZOO to about 200% then my mouse is working and amazingly I can fir about 3-4 tracks on the screen! I was using Live 7 successfully and had no major issues, after upgrading to Live9 is all became a nightmare.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=226150

To answer one of you: yes,... I'm using CAPITALS some times hoping to bring Ableton (not your) attention, but my other post simply proves they keep ignoring it. For some time I was trying to use the UP/DOWN arrows on the keyboard for knobs etc but this sucks so much that I got sick and tired of it. Should I be upset about this ? here is a CC of the message I have sent today to ABLETON, so see for yourself if you have the same feelings ?

CANNOT USE THE PRODUCT

I have requested this number of times and after 6 months since I upgraded to Live9 I still cannot use it . I requested a REFUND, but you refused it. I am totally pissed of on your product and your support. Just wasted lots of money paying you for the upgrade. Here is my recent link to the post on the forum (which for unknown reason was LOCKED by forum admin). Although I was expecting at least some constructive response the admin advised me to sen a message to support which I have already done numerous times and got no help or fix for at least major issue which prevents me from using LIVE9.

I CANNOT USE YOUR PRODUCT - DO YOU GET IT OR NOT ???
What is wrong with you people ? I wanted to Love Ableton but how can I love your product if I cannot use it! I'm simply totally, totally pissed of to the point I wanna swear. So you want me to seat quiet and wait another year or so until you fix the issue then politely ask me to pay for an upgrade ??? No way!
I"m going to wait another week and if this is not taken care of I'm going to discourage every possible user to go with another product but NOT ABLETON and I will keep doing it as long as I can. This is just to show you how upset I am. Yes I am FCKN mad!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=226150

Once again:
I have 2 x 4K monitos + 1 x HD monitor. I CANNOT (can not) USE MOUSE ! Sliders, knobs, zooming etc DOES NOT FCKN WORK - DO YOU GET THIS ???

So if you cannot fix it at least give me a refund, but perhaps you want to reply that I'm out of my mind because I want program to work as expected. If you think this is Windows10 issue, then PUT THE LABEL ON YOUR PRODUCT - "This product does not work on Windows10 in 4K mode". Then I would not buy it, would not have issue with product or the company and you would not deal with my complaints.

ARTHUR

Resizing plugins is completely separate story and should be discussed in another thread. I think we should first concentrate on having LIVE working on 4K monitors. It seems that this affects only Windows users (not Mac).
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Tue May 02, 2017 8:40 pm

I wonder if other Windows products like CUBASE. PROTOOLS etc have similar issues on 4K screens ?
I do some programing (although in completely different area) and I think that simply allowing Live9 to compile into HD version and 4K version would at least temporarily solve the problem. Yes it is more hasle of controling installations, downloads etc but users with 4K screens could install version where fonts and everything is already resized inside the program and Windows shows it at 100% sizing. This would eventually eliminate OS issues with properly sizing the screen elements. Doing so would however require some time for Ableton to invest and create extra version designed for 4K monitors (running Win10). For those who use plugins and they are so FCKN small, I just move those plugins to another monitor which has lower resolution and you can still use 4K screen but lower resolution in Display Settings so everything on the screen is bigger. Although screen fonts suck in Live from the very beginning I could probably ignore and live with that if at least I can use the product but at this point I cannot and company refuses to give me my money back. Shall I be pissed of or not ?
Sadarahu