Push 2 and Simpler/ Sampler functionality

Discuss Push with other users.
kingrhythm

Push 2 and Simpler/ Sampler functionality

Post by kingrhythm » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Does push 2 waveform work with sampler as well as simpler? Is it still unable to utilize the majority of sampler functionality like push 1?

Also, I saw in a video that there is loop mode available on an additional menu on the push 2 screen with simpler, could somebody tell me about what
functions are available on that screen? Loop start/ end? And what about changing reverse directions at the end of the loop?

What looping options can I control from simpler/ sampler with push 2?

Thanks!

kingrhythm

Re: Push 2 and Simpler/ Sampler functionality

Post by kingrhythm » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Can anybody with a push 2 answer this?

thronechild

Post by thronechild » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:11 am

No Sampler waveform isnt showing, but thats about all thats missing. When you dive into sampler parameters on push 2 there are the following parameter banks with 6-8 encoders available on each page for tweaking:
Main
Volume Envelope
Env. Loop and Pan
Filter
Filter Env.
Shaper
Osc pg. 1
Osc pg. 2
Pitch Env
Pitch Env 2
Pitch/Glide
LFO1 pg 1
LFO2 pg2
LFO2 pg1
LFO2 pg2
LFO3 pg1
LFO3 pg2
Aux env 1
Aux env 2

On the main simpler parameter page is where most of the loop functions are, clip start, clip end, sample start, loop length, sample length, loop on/off, crop, reverse, warp as # bars, half stretch the clip, double stretch the clip. Under the Warp menu you will find loop mode which relates to the Transient Loop Mode in Simpler. You can reverse the whole sample but I dont see a way to reverse the loop only.

kingrhythm

Post by kingrhythm » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:06 am

Thanks for the reply!

askia shaheed

Post by askia shaheed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:52 am

I am very disappointed that Sampler wasn't updated so that it is integrated with Push2 as well as Simpler. How is Simpler 'simple' when it is better supported that the 'flagship' Sampler?

Sampler woes via Push2:
1. Can't find a way to load my user sample library into Sampler via Push 2. I can do this with my mouse which is less than ideal.

2. Sampler's sample waveform doesn't show on Push 2 like Simpler does. This make so sense to me.

3. It appears that several of Sampler's params are not available via Push 2. I can't find a way to access Sampler's sample params to include Sample/Loop Start/Ends, Sustain/Release Modes, Crossfade, etc.

If I am overlooking something....please jump in.

Razz CE

Post by Razz CE » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 pm

I mean... do you not expect that Sampler will be updated also? I do. We're at like week 1 after the update. They started with Simpler because it's... simpler. And everyone has access to it, so they can Market the new functionality and Push 2 to everyone with any version of Live. I'm sure a Sampler update is forthcoming.
Win 10 Pro
Ryzen 9 3900XT
UAD Apollo/ART Voice Channel
Ableton Live 10/Cubase 10.5
Push 2/Moog Subsequent 37

askia shaheed

Post by askia shaheed » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:16 pm

I expected both to be updated at the same time. I would prefer not to wait to get the Sampler I paid for updated. Obviously some others have the same concerns. Just giving customer feedback. The reasons why XYZ were not done is a different subject all together.

he#ik

Post by he#ik » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm thinking, it's 2017 now and what happened to Sampler support for Push 2?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:05 pm

he#ik wrote:I'm thinking, it's 2017 now and what happened to Sampler support for Push 2?
Yeah, it's as if Ableton don't understand that Sampler is a killer instrument. Or it's the other way around.

I love Sampler as is and given it's much more of a Sampling Synthesizer than Simpler it may be that it's more natural to have stretchable loops in Simpler for starters. But there's also a close relationship between these instruments.

Actually I feel the Push 2 <> Simpler connections to a bit superficial. For instance AFAIU you can't work on warp markers from the Push 2, which is kinda odd.
Make some music!

amkr

Post by amkr » Fri May 05, 2017 8:02 pm

How can they not include Sampler - it's such a key ingredient in Live...?

I bought the Push 2 with Live - expecting like it was marketed to control EVERY PARAMETER without having to look at your PC...that was what made me pay like 1.5K ish for ableton live 9 suite w/ Max4Live and Push 2 Controller.

How hard is it to update your own freaking machine? I'm starting to think I should've saved money and bought a Launchpad Pro... :evil:

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 pm

amkr wrote:How can they not include Sampler - it's such a key ingredient in Live...?

I bought the Push 2 with Live - expecting like it was marketed to control EVERY PARAMETER without having to look at your PC...that was what made me pay like 1.5K ish for ableton live 9 suite w/ Max4Live and Push 2 Controller.

How hard is it to update your own freaking machine? I'm starting to think I should've saved money and bought a Launchpad Pro... :evil:
I'm certainly not arguing that they shouldn't update Sampler (They should have done that in 2015 when Push2 came out at the latest)...
...but what would have a Launchpad Pro done better in this regard?!
(I have one, in case you wonder if I don't know what I'm talking about)