Live 10's GUI

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
musiconacento

Re: Live 10's GUI

Post by musiconacento » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:26 pm

In mi work I see util to be able tu view and EDIT a differnent clipIn the second window.
Two windows two clips.
close plugins whenever edit other rack. SamemaS
https://soundcloud.com/alejandro-alonso ... a-funkales

Jorge3

Post by Jorge3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:49 am

I'm ok with the GUI, but I hate the new logo & the website design. I miss the more friendly & inspiring appeal of the pre-9 era.

needaname

Post by needaname » Fri May 02, 2014 1:53 pm

I'd like clips with colored background:

And not, I don't want MIDI clips changing to audio clips :D

Honestly I'd like to not wait Live 10 for this.

shinito

Post by shinito » Tue May 06, 2014 6:22 pm

I basicly miss a lot to be able to edit MIDI / audio in a full screen mode.

login

Post by login » Thu May 08, 2014 4:26 pm

For me the biggest feature that would make Live fantastic would be:

1.- An editor to make Ableton like GUI's for VST's, so you can get any VST to look like ableton native effects/instruments, as those of the recent max4live stuff they are realeasing (dark synth).

This way I could have a very integrated workflow, without opening/closing VST windows.

G.D.Matteoni

Post by G.D.Matteoni » Fri May 09, 2014 9:23 am

Ableton is my favourite GUI because to make music I don't need a representation of the real world, and this schematic 2D flat GUI is fantastic.
Anyway I agree with some crucial point:

more precise metering and waveshape for editing.

Dancho

Post by Dancho » Sun May 18, 2014 10:42 am

needaname wrote:I'd like clips with colored background:

I WANT colored background clips too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronShirt

Post by IronShirt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Personally I like the GUI and features of Bitwig over Ableton. I don't own Bitwig but I've tried the demo and I think it has a nice look and workflow. Ableton GUI works but I think it could use a facelift.

Martin Gifford

Post by Martin Gifford » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Total overhaul of the gui with an option to go back to classic for those who like it. But that won't happen, so...

Absolute minimum is to create a skinner that can make dark skins work. Currently, dark skins don't work in many places because you end up with dark text or dark icons against dark backgrounds, so it's unusable. Should be an easy fix, but they haven't done it for 9 versions. Seems they want to impose their Berlin greyness on the entire world.
Last edited by Martin Gifford on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:52 am

I am also for a total overhaul of the gui with the option of going back to classic ui.

Lives ui is the oldest still functioning interface out of any software that I can think of... not just DAW software.

Put that in perspective: There is a kid somewhere who was born when ableton live was first released... He or she is now driving a car and will graduate high school soon.

For me Lives interface was great years ago, but its like never redecorating your house and looking at the same shag carpet and white walls for years.

It is time to move on Ableton. Please do something different.

Some graphic artist posted his/her mock up Live interface on these forums a while ago and I feel that their design is the way to go.

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:42 am

Emanresu0891 wrote: Lives ui is the oldest still functioning interface out of any software that I can think of... not just DAW software.
still functioning?

Not everyone can agree here...
:wink:

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:32 am

Forget about the aesthetics because the Live GUI is perfect as is. It can only be refined further. An editor for most things and a community reservoir of designs would be nice. I say no to fully "personalized" designs though. Build your own DAW dammit.

What's really needed the most is fully resizeable GUI elements that allows for full operation and crisp forms in all display sizes and all resolutions. Built-in zooming for plug-ins would probably be highly appreciated not only by high resolution display users as well.

This is many times more important than any stupid change of the GUI. Change of functionality is of course different. The GUI works!
Make some music!

Quez

Post by Quez » Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 am

Dancho wrote:
needaname wrote:I'd like clips with colored background:

I WANT colored background clips too !!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes please !
And bigger text, I'm getting old.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon May 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Warmonger wrote:I like Live GUI as it is. In fact, that's the main reason I choosed that DAW - immediatelly knew what's going on.

One thing I'm missing is the possibility to have open many VST windows from many different track at once. The same is true about effect chains, to easily compare two tracks for example.
Unless I'm reading you wrong, you can at least keep VST windows from different tracks open at the same time by unchecking "auto hide plugin windows" in the preferences.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Mon May 01, 2017 1:29 pm

+1 for more modularity. I would like to, for instance, dedicate the whole screen to clip editing, having both modulation/automation and notes visible and editable at the same time.

I don't know if editing multiple clips at the same time should go under GUI related wishes strictly, but let's get it in here anyway... :mrgreen:

Also, expanded views, like EQ8 for more devices would be nice. And there should be a way to fold the device directly in its expanded view (I've suggested right-click context anywhere in the big spectrum view) for quick return to default view.

I've also suggested a way to dock VST windows; don't know how feasible this would be, but my screen teens to get a little cluttered when I add more VSTs to a track.