Push 2 Hot Swap SAMPLE doesn't work!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kkereta

Push 2 Hot Swap SAMPLE doesn't work!

Post by kkereta » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Ok,

So I set up a drum rack with samples from my own Sample folder-library. I mapped out few Macros for every sample i have in the drum rack. Things like: Simpler's filter, ADSR and etc...

Problem is when I hit BROWSE on Push 2 I go into Hot Swap PRESET mode ( hot swap button on Simpler's title bar), meaning I can replace my Simpler with another Simpler with sample. I can't find a way to get into a Hot Swap SAMPLE mode ( hot swap button in Sample window) to only change the sample leaving the settings of the Simpler, and effectively every Macro I mapped out, intact.

There is a similar thread that has gone M.I.A from few months ago talking about the same problem:
viewtopic.php/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218289&view=next

What gives?

Tarekith?

jbone1313

Re: Push 2 Hot Swap SAMPLE doesn't work!

Post by jbone1313 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:37 pm

Dude, I'm so with you on this. They need to fix this. Here's that thread, BTW.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218311&start=0

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm

you have to make sure that your Simpler itself is selected, and not its chain.
Ableton Forum Moderator

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks for chiming in, but that's the first thing we all tried. It does not work.

Even if Simpler is selected, it replaces the whole Simpler instance and resets all your settings.

kkereta

Post by kkereta » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:46 pm

jbone1313 wrote:Thanks for chiming in, but that's the first thing we all tried. It does not work.

Even if Simpler is selected, it replaces the whole Simpler instance and resets all your settings.
Exactly! And then if you had some filters, envelopes or LFO's set up on Simpler it gets reverted back to default Simpler values that is loaded with the new sample. Also another thing is that this way I can't access my own samples that are located somewhere else on the harddrive trough Push. I can only choose from the Core or User Library samples.

the bite

Post by the bite » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:34 pm

i have bad news on this one.I submit this one as a bug on the beta forum.They said this is not a bug ,this is the normal behaviour as expected.
Simpler, gets the info from the .asd file. if you a have a sample with some settings and Live can read the asd , simpler will replace the sample with this info.
I found this behaviour interesting if you previosly prepared every sample, but with this case we need an alternative when we only want replace one sample with other and mantein the settings.
I hope they found a solution to this.

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:46 pm

As I wrote in the other thread, you can do this today, it just takes an extra mouse click. So, one would think they could easily make Push enable that mode as well.

jbone1313

Post by jbone1313 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:50 pm

jbone1313 wrote:The only way I can get it to ONLY replace the SAMPLE is to hit browse and THEN click my mouse in the bottom right corner of Simpler's sample window to enable hot swap mode on the SAMPLE and not the instrument.

boboter

Post by boboter » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:19 am

I thought I was missing something super obvious but it is actually not possible to how swap a sample via Push? That's so strange. My iMac is relatively powerful and it still takes quite a while to change a sample with Push always replacing the whole Simpler instance.

Before Push 2 came out, I was using Samplers loaded with 128 drum hits each within my drum racks, to make swapping samples fast and easy. But the new Simpler along with the slick display of Push 2 made it look so intuitive. But with those slow loading times, I will rather stay with my old settings. Even if that means no sample view on the Push display.

Bummer.
jogging house .... synths, samples, nostalgia & delay.
soundcloud . bandcamp . facebook . vimeo . tumblr

Sabucc

Post by Sabucc » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Hopefully they fix this as soon as possible!!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:39 pm

Just a bump. This needs to het fixed ASAP!

amkr

Post by amkr » Fri May 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Wow, a lot of problems from a highly praised controller [and with programs that come with LIVE] - and expensive one. For something so cutting edge - they're certainly not trying to fix anyting - what the hell? There should be update galore. Paid top dollar for this - it should preform as advertised especially at this price point!

Ableton, you're one of the top in the industry, and you haven't fixed problems that are YEARS old?* FL STUDIO rolls out updates, everyone does - freaking Audacity does.

This is not professional in any-shape or form & horrible customer service. Is there even an Ableton Moderator/Administrator bothering to read any of this???

*Specifically talking about Sampler here, but the rest applies to everything.

DerAlte

Post by DerAlte » Tue May 16, 2017 5:39 am

Struggling with this one as well (on Push1).

There must be solution for this that I don't understand or is everyone just preparing all the samples into racks before? Seems a bit labor intensive approach.. Huh.

I wonder is there way out of this with some kind of custom scripting etc that gives access to the hot swap menu from push?

jasonjasonson

Post by jasonjasonson » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:37 pm

just stumbled upon this topic looking for the same thing.

one year later, still not possible?

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Hot swapping samples doesn't work, copy pasting notes with automation doesn't work.
No support for MPE devices (officially here to stay since january: https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018 ... -official/) or NRPN (but works with M4L http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... nrpn-gen-2).

Come on Ableton, keep up! :)