PLEASE FIX THE SCREEN ISSUES

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: PLEASE FIX THE SCREEN ISSUES

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 07, 2017 1:50 am

Warmonger wrote:
You are not looking at the same thing as me. Screen cap your screen, now reduce that image to a 13" diagonal. Tell me that's readable to you.
I'm trying to understand why you ever bought 4K 13" display and why you even attempt to run Ableton on it. I wouldn't run Ableton on 13" no matter the resolution.

There is no solution. This is your fault. Next time think before you buy something.
The facts at hand do not support that conclusion.

It's perfectly reasonable to expect to be able to run any application on a 13" display, no matter resolution. Unless of course, the developers clearly state a minimum physical display size.
Make some music!

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun May 14, 2017 6:22 am

Finally looks like Ableton took my suggestion and latest update implemented ZOOM into plugin window as well as SETTINGS and ABOUT windows. This finally fixes the issues on 4K screens. Now my screen looks OK and is 80% readable. I say 80% because Live fonts still suck. Hopefully they will replace the finally in version 10.

I would not say I'm super happy because screen sharpness on my 4k monitor is top quality - but not in LIVE9. Another words Ableton at this moment does not utilize 4k resolution at all and still falls behind with technology, but at least after 6 months of begging for fix (I was not able to use it at all, used version 7) finally at least I can use the product.

:P
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

Stefan Jantschek

Post by Stefan Jantschek » Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 am

aklisiewicz wrote:Finally looks like Ableton took my suggestion and latest update implemented ZOOM into plugin window as well as SETTINGS and ABOUT windows. This finally fixes the issues on 4K screens.

Excuse me,
What update are you talking about?
There`s nothing in the change log.
Not in the release and not in latest beta.

In fact, nothing has changed.
I don`t know what happened to your system, but it has nothing to do with fixes from Ableton.

BTW, just to make clear:
Despite the known 4K issues, Live 9 is far away from "cannot use the App with 4K-screens"
If you, aklisiewicz, would just have listened to your helping support, e.g. about "absolute mouse mode",
instead of ranting here, you could have done great work with L 9.7 already.
Could you just do us all a favour and rethink your postings twice?
That could at least keep the illusion of competence here more alive. :lol:

Thanks!

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun May 14, 2017 3:04 pm

When having problems I was running Live9 v9.7.1
With this version the ZOOM feature does not work in SETTINGS or plugin window (i think it is also called device window which opens for 3rd party devices and instruments). Because I installed update to version 9.7.2 and was unaware I'm still running 9.7.1 I kept having issues and none of the Ableton suggestions worked. The problem was that update from 9.7.1 to 9.7.2 did not install new icon or change settings for the shortcut (in Windows10). I just realized that yesterday and change it so the shortcut points out to the correct EXE file (installed in another directory).
When running 9.7.2 I was able finally to apply the suggestions from Ableton and it works OK. I also tested 9.7.1 (just to chek) and the same problem exists. Not sure when the update from 9.7.1 to 9.7.2 was released but if Ableton update process have created additional sortcut (for newer version) it would allow to skip lots of confusion.
Sadarahu

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun May 21, 2017 5:45 pm

As of today May-21-2017 LIVE v9.7.2 seems to have sizing issue resolved.
Mouse however is still going crazy which makes LIVE9 for me useless. I paid for the upgrade from LIVE7 about 6+ months ago and since them I'm not able to use the software. I would like to hear and answer from ABLETON here what will happen when LIVE-10 comes out. Will you try to charge me again for an upgrade (while I was not able to use the software for more than half a year) ???

Bottom line: IF YOU USE 4K MONITOR AND WINDOWS OS - YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE ABLETON LIVE (unless you downgrade your OS resolution) !
Sadarahu

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:13 am

it seems Ableton are working on some windows high dpi issues in the L9.x betas.
It's currently just the mouse cursor issue, but it indicates that team members have been assigned to look at this area.
We can (perhaps) hope for more
9.7.3b2 Release Notes
Bugfixes:
Mouse cursors would be drawn with a very small size on Windows, when using Live on a HiDPI screen.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 pm

antic604 wrote:
FFS, how hard can it be to fix this?
I'm guessing somewhere between "surprisingly not that easy" and "annoyingly way harder than it should be"

daizok

Post by daizok » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:11 am

Please add proper 4k support Ableton!