Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
gonekrazy3000

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by gonekrazy3000 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Actually i made a mistake when posting. the melodic step sequencer works perfectly. its the combined mode for the drum rack that seems to be broken. can't figure out how to enter polyphonic notes at all.
and ableton keeps saying that modes are changing to e-minor etc whenever i press anything.

HYPED

Post by HYPED » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:47 pm

^ I am also experiencing the same issue that the combined mode for the drum rack is not working. I'm using the launchpad RGB. Besides that, everything is working great! I REALLY appreciate all the hard work you put into this, it's the only reason I use my launchpad exclusively and sold my Ableton push because the push was just to big for my use. What would be great is that if you could re update the manual only for the launchpad RGB color scheme so it is easier to understand how all the buttons work exactly. I will defiantly be donating though, I really hope you continue to support it!

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:47 am

There are two drum modes. One is for selecting drums without triggering them and sequencing them, the other is for triggering drum rack sounds but not sequencing them.

boblemarin

QuickScale mode anyone ?

Post by boblemarin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Hi folks,

I wanted to see if I could manage implementing a quick scale mode for the launchpadpro95 script, having no former experience with python. So I did my best and ended up with a version that seems to work (at least for me).

If there's anyone interested in testing, my version can be found here :
https://github.com/boblemarin/Launchpad_Pro95

Thanks.

EDIT: recorded a quick demo video available here: https://youtu.be/Sqs5UQ6yLfk
EDIT2: Pull request on github : https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad_Pro95/pull/1

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:57 am

Device controller mode not working on my Launchpad Mini. It resets the Launchpad and constantly tries to initialize.

Anyone else has that problem?

EDIT: Seems like it only does that when my Remote SL61 is plugged in and only on one of my Live Sets. It's a big Live Set so it's hard for me to pin-point what could be causing the interference. Any ideas?

mots

Post by mots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:38 am

Oneiroi wrote:Device controller mode not working on my Launchpad Mini. It resets the Launchpad and constantly tries to initialize.

EDIT: Seems like it only does that when my Remote SL61 is plugged in and only on one of my Live Sets. It's a big Live Set so it's hard for me to pin-point what could be causing the interference. Any ideas?

hi,

that sounds strange, the device reseting is either a flaky usb connection or usb power problem. i dont see how the script could actually reset the device. feel free to send me the Log.txt (last section of this page : https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... sh-Reports ).
Also, how are you usb devices connected ? make sure that your devices get enough power. if you connect them via a hub, make sure the hub is correctly powered. if you can, try connecting the device directly to the computer. beyond that, i dont have any clear idea what could be the cause.

i hope it helps.

Oneiroi

Post by Oneiroi » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:47 pm

mots wrote:
Oneiroi wrote:Device controller mode not working on my Launchpad Mini. It resets the Launchpad and constantly tries to initialize.

hi,

that sounds strange, the device reseting is either a flaky usb connection or usb power problem. i dont see how the script could actually reset the device. feel free to send me the Log.txt (last section of this page : https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... sh-Reports ).
Also, how are you usb devices connected ? make sure that your devices get enough power. if you connect them via a hub, make sure the hub is correctly powered. if you can, try connecting the device directly to the computer. beyond that, i dont have any clear idea what could be the cause.

i hope it helps.
That solved it. I think my RemoteSL was taking too much juice out of my USB hub, so I connected it directly to the computer and connected my Launchpad to the hub and have no problem with it. Still, I don't understand how it would behave differently from one Live Set to the other if it's a power problem...but I guess I'll try to find a new hub. Mine is a pretty cheap one right now, so no big deal.

Thanks!
Simon

Mecanique22

Post by Mecanique22 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi,
I've been using Launchpad95 for a long time now (and I love it), but I just noticed a small bug : when I am on a clip view (midi or audio) on my computer, and I click on a other clip on an other track, it switch to "device view" everytime. This is pretty annoying in a live situation. If anybody has the solution it would be great.

mots

Post by mots » Sat May 27, 2017 11:05 am

Mecanique22 wrote:Hi,
I've been using Launchpad95 for a long time now (and I love it), but I just noticed a small bug : when I am on a clip view (midi or audio) on my computer, and I click on a other clip on an other track, it switch to "device view" everytime. This is pretty annoying in a live situation. If anybody has the solution it would be great.
it depends on which mode you are in. while in step seq, it might switch to clip view, and while in device to device mode.

you could comment line 200 and 201 (insert a leading #) there : https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... nt.py#L201
and comment a lines 46 and 47 there : https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... ent.py#L46

that should do !

Mecanique22

Post by Mecanique22 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:52 am

Thanks for your response !
I have tried your technique with no success, it always switch to device view anyway...

Remedial

Unable to find Launchpad Pro Live MIDI ports in Ableton

Post by Remedial » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Hey guys. So, I installed Launchpad Pro 95 on my Windows 10 system running Ableton Live 9.7. I put the folder in the Midi Resources folder as instructed but when I go to the MIDI Sync page in Ableton I CAN select Launchpad Pro95 as my controller BUT there are no Launchpad Pro Live MIDI Ports for me to select in the drop down list. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how does one enter the instrument mode in order to press the first scene button to enter scale mode? Is the instrument mode that's being addressed really just note mode on the Launchpad Pro?

I do also have J74's ISO Controllers installed. Might this be contributing to this issue? I did have both installed on my Mac and had no issue with them coexisting.

Thanks for any advice regarding thes two issues.

mots

Re: Unable to find Launchpad Pro Live MIDI ports in Ableton

Post by mots » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:29 am

Remedial wrote:Hey guys. So, I installed Launchpad Pro 95 on my Windows 10 system running Ableton Live 9.7. I put the folder in the Midi Resources folder as instructed but when I go to the MIDI Sync page in Ableton I CAN select Launchpad Pro95 as my controller BUT there are no Launchpad Pro Live MIDI Ports for me to select in the drop down list. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how does one enter the instrument mode in order to press the first scene button to enter scale mode? Is the instrument mode that's being addressed really just note mode on the Launchpad Pro?

I do also have J74's ISO Controllers installed. Might this be contributing to this issue? I did have both installed on my Mac and had no issue with them coexisting.

silly question, but have you installed the drivers ?
https://global.novationmusic.com/launch ... -downloads

Remedial

Re: Unable to find Launchpad Pro Live MIDI ports in Ableton

Post by Remedial » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:41 pm

mots wrote:
Remedial wrote:Hey guys. So, I installed Launchpad Pro 95 on my Windows 10 system running Ableton Live 9.7. I put the folder in the Midi Resources folder as instructed but when I go to the MIDI Sync page in Ableton I CAN select Launchpad Pro95 as my controller BUT there are no Launchpad Pro Live MIDI Ports for me to select in the drop down list. Am I doing something wrong? Also, how does one enter the instrument mode in order to press the first scene button to enter scale mode? Is the instrument mode that's being addressed really just note mode on the Launchpad Pro?

silly question, but have you installed the drivers ?
https://global.novationmusic.com/launch ... -downloads
Not silly at all. I think I did in the past as I do have a Novation USB 1.1 control panel or the other installed on my comp, but I'll give it another go and see if it makes a difference.

Remedial

Post by Remedial » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Well, I tried installing the USB driver again and still no go. I also forgot to mention that on any midi track, in the drop down list for the In/Out sections, Launchpad Pro95 is also not available.
Last edited by Remedial on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mots

Post by mots » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Remedial wrote:Well, I tried installing the USB driver again and still no go. I also forgot to mention that on any midi track, in the drop down list forthe In/Out sections, Launchpad Pro95 is also not available.
then it is not a launchpad95 issue but a driver/os/installation issue.