I have returned from the year 2007. What has happening?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi

I have returned from the year 2007. What has happening?

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:49 am

Hello dear friends.

Some of you I know, others I have admired from behind the dimension - but not consciously - only as a DJ. As you recall, in year 2007 in Saskatchewan I was experimentaling with a recipe of minimal techno and working man's trance music. See my publication here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98285

During that time I have Ben the Antelope stuck in an intellectual koan from which I have only now resurfaced. I missed entire eons of music making including hipster rock, circuit bending and modular synthesizer fascination. It makes me weep the honeys of electric cryptocurrency. Yet I regret...

Now I bring with me a new style of Canadian electronic that will certainly change the world. I will tell you more on Wednesday June 15th 2017 at 18:00 EST. I can let you in on the secretive nature of it now though. If a synthwave sample or (sound) folds into itself with with with... 9^&(o.... the right angle LFO, and one subtracts the nostalgia, the result is simply a VHS DJ. In other words, synthesizer A - B genre squared = Z Cavaricci.

FYI - If a music DJ (or simply afficianado) were to play that on Push then he wouldn't have been frozen in time like me.

TomKern

Re: I have returned from the year 2007. What has happening?

Post by TomKern » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:23 am

Have you mistakenly mixed up the tabs in your browser, or do you really view the Live forums as your personal blog?! :x

Btw: you are rambling incoherently

Emanresu0891

Post by Emanresu0891 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:33 am

This was a running gag on the forums circa 2006-2009ish.
You would have to search for the post but it was quite the hoot back in the day.

TomKern

Post by TomKern » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:55 am

It was in the main forum first. If he had posted it here I wouldn't have said anything.

But yeah I'm not caught up on my Ableton Forum lore. :mrgreen:

EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi

Post by EvilEvilEvilEvilEvilEvi » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Back in the day? "running gag"? Those words stream like sour tarnce music down my cheeks. But I will reverse them into tears of so much happiness. I will process them into anthemic polysynth tears of pure inspiration! And then I will become the hero on stage. Yes, and then I will go get my blood examined so that we can multiply cells within the vacuum one beat after the bass drum. Then I will go to the bank and deposit one evil check that's been sitting on my desk for months because it's only $10.65 and I cannot justify driving all the way to the bank for such small peanuts.

I will change my name to "Max for Wives"! And I will make wholesome tarnce music that is both epic and wholesome for the heart - like the oatmeal of music production.

I see many of my friends have have departed these realms of tarnce and manila techno scenes. Have I come too late? Has my loop taken too long and everyone went home? A new day is here and even though I ran with gags in 2007, I wish to frolic with them again! Now I have to go to lunch.