PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
S4racen

Re: PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Post by S4racen » Mon May 22, 2017 7:43 pm

scheffkoch wrote:...the mapping is instrument (plugin) related so you only have to map the parameters once and all presets will represent the mapping...
Yes, this! Sorry i missed it earlier...

Cheers
D

paikas

Post by paikas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:51 am

Any chance for making an encoder function like that oh so neat oscillator parameter in Operator?
It would make working with larger synths (e.g. Bazille or Zebra) so much breezier…

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:00 am

Hi, can you elaborate? Not really sure what you mean...

soundklinik 33

Post by soundklinik 33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:33 am

Mr. Sigabort, I own your PrEditor (for Push2) and it's just excellent...highly recommended :wink:

Do you have any plans to make a script to use PUSH 2 on its own with other software as an independent controller?....

That would be just great.

Or is there anyone doing this?
iPad-AIR 2, Lenovo x220-laptop, Squarp Pyramid, Elektron Digitakt

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am

soundklinik 33 wrote:Mr. Sigabort, I own your PrEditor (for Push2) and it's just excellent...highly recommended :wink:

Do you have any plans to make a script to use PUSH 2 on its own with other software as an independent controller?....

That would be just great.

Or is there anyone doing this?
Hi, thanks for the kind words. Can you elaborate a bit on what you are looking for?

paikas

Post by paikas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:58 am

sigabort wrote:Hi, can you elaborate? Not really sure what you mean...
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ag69l52CMtmhiCx_EUbRfyW3fG_h

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:09 pm

paikas wrote:
And how does that relate to what you want for other plugins? You want changing certain parameters to automatically change other parameters on push display?? Help me out here with some description :)

soundklinik 33

Post by soundklinik 33 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:39 pm

Sure Sigabort, and you are welcome.

I mean making Push 2 universal midi controller if possible to use with iPad or control other hardware, software?

now, Push 2 works only with Ableton (and does a great job)

But if I open it as a Standalone controller, it is "dead" , only the pads work for notes, (you can't change octaves, scales, midi channels), no buttons or pots work, no screen.
In other words, it HAS to be plugged into Ableton to work.

What if I want to use PUSH2 with iPad? Or with a standalone VST? I can't.
At least if it worked like PUSH 1, to see pot values and information on the screen, (if you could make it work just like in Ableton (with other VSTs) that would be fantastic.)

paikas

Post by paikas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:11 pm

sigabort wrote:
paikas wrote:
And how does that relate to what you want for other plugins? You want changing certain parameters to automatically change other parameters on push display?? Help me out here with some description :)
I'm not very good with describing abstractly these practical things, so I'll give an example.

Let's take Bazille, which 4 equal oscillators.
Each oscillator would require 2 or 3 pages for complete mapping. So it would be very nice to have the exact same, hmm, bank architecture as in Operator:
: a knob to choose the oscillator
: this knob could take a position in all of these 2/3 pages and keep its value throughout those pages (as in the clip, showing Operator)
: so I have 2/3 'generic' pages of oscillator parameters with a dedicated knob to choose whose parameters I'm modifying.
Likewise with other modules (filters, envelopes, LFOs).

[As I imagine, it's probably like some 2 dimensional bank, where bank choice is determined by 2 parameters in tandem – bank button under the screen and a knob.]
It probably might be summed up like:
sigabort wrote:changing certain parameters to automatically change other parameters on push display
:mrgreen:

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:43 pm

soundklinik 33 wrote:Sure Sigabort, and you are welcome.

I mean making Push 2 universal midi controller if possible to use with iPad or control other hardware, software?

But if I open it as a Standalone controller, it is "dead" , only the pads work for notes, (you can't change octaves, scales, midi channels), no buttons or pots work, no screen.

At least if it worked like PUSH 1, to see pot values and information on the screen, (if you could make it work just like in Ableton (with other VSTs) that would be fantastic.)
Gridlock is a generic mapping tool that include Push2 - not sure if that's any help? www.sigabort.com/gridlock

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:45 pm

paikas wrote: I'm not very good with describing abstractly these practical things, so I'll give an example.

Let's take Bazille, which 4 equal oscillators.
Each oscillator would require 2 or 3 pages for complete mapping. So it would be very nice to have the exact same, hmm, bank architecture as in Operator:
: a knob to choose the oscillator
: this knob could take a position in all of these 2/3 pages and keep its value throughout those pages (as in the clip, showing Operator)
: so I have 2/3 'generic' pages of oscillator parameters with a dedicated knob to choose whose parameters I'm modifying.
Likewise with other modules (filters, envelopes, LFOs).

[As I imagine, it's probably like some 2 dimensional bank, where bank choice is determined by 2 parameters in tandem – bank button under the screen and a knob.]
It probably might be summed up like:
I see what you mean... interesting idea... I'm doing some work on PrEditor in a month or so, so it's something I'll bear in mind... it's quite a lot of work tho, so will need some thought... are you on the PrEditor beta list?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:57 pm

sigabort wrote: Gridlock is a generic mapping tool that include Push2 - not sure if that's any help? http://www.sigabort.com/gridlock
Actually you don't seem to have a dot com domain. You have the dot co domain so you probably intended: www.sigabort.co/gridlock
Make some music!

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
sigabort wrote: Gridlock is a generic mapping tool that include Push2 - not sure if that's any help? http://www.sigabort.com/gridlock
Actually you don't seem to have a dot com domain. You have the dot co domain so you probably intended: www.sigabort.co/gridlock
yeah, typo - sorry

soundklinik 33

Post by soundklinik 33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:24 am

sigabort wrote:
soundklinik 33 wrote:Sure Sigabort, and you are welcome.

Gridlock is a generic mapping tool that include Push2 - not sure if that's any help? http://www.sigabort.com/gridlock
Hi Sigabort,
thanks for the link, I read the specs and basic stuff and it seems to work only with M4L Max?
I would like to use PUSH2 with iPad, to control apps in iPad..that's not possible is it?
Thanks

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 am

soundklinik 33 wrote: Hi Sigabort,
thanks for the link, I read the specs and basic stuff and it seems to work only with M4L Max?
I would like to use PUSH2 with iPad, to control apps in iPad..that's not possible is it?
Thanks
Hi, ah, I see. Never tried to be honest... I'll try find some time to give it a go.