How to create longer tracks and scenes with Ableton Push 2?

Discuss Push with other users.
djbenski

How to create longer tracks and scenes with Ableton Push 2?

Post by djbenski » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:20 am

Hi all,

So far I am able to create short tracks, scenes and sound cuts in Ableton Live and Push 2. BUT, I cannot figure out how to create long running scenes and tracks that run for over 30 seconds. My goal is to build a longer track and scene that runs for 5-30 minutes at a time and loops back. Does anyone know how to do this easily in Ableton Live and/or Push 2 controller?

Stromkraft

Re: How to create longer tracks and scenes with Ableton Push 2?

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:32 am

djbenski wrote:Hi all,

So far I am able to create short tracks, scenes and sound cuts in Ableton Live and Push 2. BUT, I cannot figure out how to create long running scenes and tracks that run for over 30 seconds. My goal is to build a longer track and scene that runs for 5-30 minutes at a time and loops back. Does anyone know how to do this easily in Ableton Live and/or Push 2 controller?
Record longer clips or elongate them to the appropriate length? For the latter look at the "Clip view".
Make some music!

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 am

You can simply record a clip for as long as you need or you can start with a small clip and to make it longer easily press the "Double Loop" on the left to double the length of the loop. You should be able to create a 30 minute clip with a BPM approx 130 doing that.

If I am misunderstanding and what you want to do is take all the loops/clips you have that are all a few seconds and make essentially a song running over time then the easiest way to achieve that would be to press Record for arrangement then use Push to play the clips "live" and record these to the arrangement which is the typical way to do it.

KaCeTheProducer

Post by KaCeTheProducer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:45 am

Turn off "Fixed Length".

Or hold down the fixed length button and set the loop to a longer time.