Guitar effects not playing on GUITAR RIG 5

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Chuku

Guitar effects not playing on GUITAR RIG 5

Post by Chuku » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:08 pm

I bought a Guitar Rig 5 today and i'm unable to troubleshoot my problems.. I googled but nothing helped to solve my query..

Actually, everything goes well when i play on the stand alone Guitar RIG.. I can hear the guitar effects on my headphone while i am playing my guitar.. The problem is when i open the guitar rig as VST in ableton live (dragged in audio), i can only hear the clean tone of guitar, not with the guitar effects.. When i record the guitar and playback, i can hear with the guitar with effects but when i cannot get the guitar effects while playing.. Only i can hear is the clean guitar tone...

Thanks a lot in advance,, :evil:

Liam

Re: Guitar effects not playing on GUITAR RIG 5

Post by Liam » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 am

Record the GR into an other audio track. In the second audio track select the source GR audio track.

You can do that by arming the two audio tracks.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:41 am

Liam wrote:Record the GR into an other audio track. In the second audio track select the source GR audio track.

You can do that by arming the two audio tracks.
eh?

I've used GR5 for years in ABL, and all I do is drag it onto an audio track and arm the track. That's it!
I play guitar into that channel and because the GR5 sits on the track as an effect distorted guitar noises come out.
I've no idea what OP is doing. I suspect some weird routing is in use

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:19 am

Angstrom wrote: I suspect some weird routing is in use
Not at all. I suspect something very simple.

Live's factory default new audio tracks have monitoring turned OFF. So with the track armed he is very probably listening to the dry direct monitoring from his interface.

Chuku, set Monitor for your guitar track to AUTO, arm the track and listen. I assume you'll now hear both the dry guitar direct and with the added latency from software monitoring the effects will sound like an echo to that. Now turn down direct monitoring on your audio interface, and see if you can live with the latency.