PUSH 2 with logic pro x

Discuss Push with other users.
teezytom

PUSH 2 with logic pro x

Post by teezytom » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 am

Is there anyway i can make push 2 compatible with logic pro x??
I want to find a way to have the scales types load up on the pads in logic.

Thanks

:mrgreen:

jestermgee

Re: PUSH 2 with logic pro x

Post by jestermgee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:27 pm

No

All thefancy features you see in Push are actually within Live, not Push. Push has no intelligence within, it is all from the scripts that make it work.

Best you can do is use Push in MIDI mode just to play notes and control a few parameters so no smart features.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:48 pm

teezytom wrote:Is there anyway i can make push 2 compatible with logic pro x??
I want to find a way to have the scales types load up on the pads in logic.
Push 1 has some third party scripts support for Logic. Look for PXT General and the Arsenal series. There may be some "other DAW" support coming for Push 2 there, I'm not sure. You could ask.
Make some music!

mksd

Post by mksd » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 am

There's Shove: silenceandsound.com. It gives you scales and normal MIDI controller functionality in Logic and other DAWs.

diegux

Post by diegux » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi everyone, it is possible.

I'm on a Mac, so I'll explain on a Mac but it should be done on Windows using some sort of virtual MIDI cable.

1. Enable IAC Driver
2. Open BOTH Ableton and Logic
3. In Live, setup one midi track. Put input exclusively to Ableton Push live port and MIDI output to IAC, channel 1.
4. Open environment in Logic and in the Click & Ports layer, connect exclusively IAC to input view. You can save as template and use it in all your projects.

Works like charm. Push is fully functional, display and all.

I do own Shove, and is a good lifesaver, but it will create lots of timing problems that are not acceptable for professional use yet.

Hope it helps, best

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 pm

diegux wrote:Hi everyone, it is possible.

I'm on a Mac, so I'll explain on a Mac but it should be done on Windows using some sort of virtual MIDI cable.

1. Enable IAC Driver
3. In Live, setup one midi track. Put input exclusively to Ableton Push live port and MIDI output to IAC, channel 1.
4. Open environment in Logic and in the Click & Ports layer, connect exclusively IAC to input view. You can save as template and use it in all your projects.

I do own Shove, and is a good lifesaver, but it will create lots of timing problems that are not acceptable for professional use yet.

Hope it helps, best
Will that not just display information from Live though while sending MIDI to Logic? That also then requires both Live and Logic open at the same time.

diegux

Post by diegux » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:38 am

Yes , both apps need to be open.
You'll get all the scales in order to play in Logic with the push. You could also color code any pad.
I think this is by far the best way to achieve what the user asked.

roycc

Post by roycc » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:22 pm

bruh u made me nut :oops: :P :lol:

pdjones

Post by pdjones » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 am

:D 😀😀😀

Yes, it is possible! Thank you so much for this simple hack. It not only works, but suddenly Logic sort of becomes a slave, ie, I can now use logic sounds in live. Awesome.

Thanks

Pete
diegux wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:24 pm
Hi everyone, it is possible.

1. Enable IAC Driver

Hope it helps, best

iAMistaUnknown

Post by iAMistaUnknown » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:26 pm

This is absolutely golden!!! Thank you super smart people who try new things. This makes me happy. Not as happy as the guy who nutted. But close. Now I’m gonna make really good music and people will think I’m cool. 😎

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:24 pm

You could also switch to Reaper, Bitwig or Reason. All of which have Push 2 control.

Moss is a developer who made the scripts for Bitwig and Reaper:
https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Software.html

Reason:
https://retouchcontrol.com/pusher/

Yes, I wish it worked with Digital Performer or at least Logic, but so far nobodies done the script to make that happen. :(

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:50 am

I use my Push2 with Reason 12, and it is good fun! I do not know how to get Push2 working for Reason in RRP mode though.

Reason and Live is a golden combi as far as I’m concerned.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

zurie

Post by zurie » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Code: Select all

https://github.com/zurie/LogicX-Push2
I wrote this integration about 2 years ago for my own personal use, but not many people know of its existence. Feel free to use it.

It allows you to use Logic Pro stand alone with the push 2 and have access to all the scales as well as sync / note repeat / GUI / etc.. its a fork from python2push code and ffont's pysha code.

it also has single touch, double tap, press to hold for every button on the PUSH2 (including the pads). you can use Oscliator to connect Logic to this and basically bind 'any' keystroke, command, or function in logic to any of the button combinations.
it also has record, stop, play, metronome LED sync, etc... and the code is all open source so anyone daring enough can easily add any features they want.

it also has full midi knob control so you have access to every midi CC param which also work with AU / VST / etc..

PenguinDreams

Post by PenguinDreams » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 pm

Hi Zurie

Thanks for the GitHub link. Wondering if your code is still supported and stable.

Thanks!