Online production courses

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
deano g

Online production courses

Post by deano g » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi everyone, can anyone recommend a good solid online course for ableton please?! I seem to be going round in circles and getting no where fast watching YouTube vids as a lot of people have different tecneaque to each other. I’d love to go to a school but I have a family and full time job and the nearest training centre is nearly 2 hour drive away! Thanks a lot in advance

Tarekith

Re: Online production courses

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 pm

warpacademy.com

markwphoto

Post by markwphoto » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Take a look at https://www.noiselab.io/

Back when they were in pre-release they were giving away the Electronic Music Production I, II and III, DJ with Ableton Live and the Synthesis course. I have watched almost all of these and must say they were pretty good. The aforementioned courses were instructed by Thavius Beck. The courses are video based but also came with project/midi files to follow along with. There are now more courses in addition to these by Thavius as well as others. When you sign up for them you get access to all the courses for $19 a month or $120 per year. Not a bad value and you can quit at anytime.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm a former Point Blank student. I LOVED it.

TheWholeDamnZoo

Post by TheWholeDamnZoo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Cymatics launched a new platform at academy.fm about a month and a half ago. I subscribed for the first month and had to leave (temporarily) to focus on other things, but imo it was very good and I definitely got my money's worth and more. They have really good Ableton tutorials--I especially liked the tutorials by a guy named Kermode (who I think also does courses at WarpAcademy). You can watch some of his tutorials on the Cymatics YouTube channel if you want to get a sense of his style.

deano g

Post by deano g » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Thank you very much everyone, I will look into all these and see which one is best suited :)

DaveRoberts

Post by DaveRoberts » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 am

You might want to also check out the free Ableton courses at Coursera and Kadenze. Both are worthwhile and the price is right.