"Girl" LoopzSequencer 4Mac

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
oTTo

"Girl" LoopzSequencer 4Mac

Post by oTTo » Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:32 pm

Anyone using this?

http://girl.yowstar.com

The Hulk

Post by The Hulk » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:18 am

I tried, but the interface was just too confusing. Didn't get very far.

astromass

girl

Post by astromass » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:15 am

yeah, the interface is kinda like a bunch of melted crayons, but there is some cool stuff in there. =)+
nyquist theorem and nyquil...

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:51 pm

after trying the demo, that was my conclusion too. it has some special secrets, but it was too cumbersome to manage w/o knowing lots of hot keys or having a good interface.

tjwett not logged in

Post by tjwett not logged in » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:08 pm

i actually had the office pay for this and i used it for almost a year at work. it was good for sound design and experimenting. the interface is intentionally ugly. supposedly the designer made it look all "girly" as a backlash to all the super futuristic and metal looking macho interfaces we see on so much software. it can be alot on the eyes, especially since everything is all bunched together in a little window. once i started to use it alot though i came to realize it's rather intuitive. the main problem i had was that it was buggy as hell. sometimes it the screen would just do crazy stuff, or the audio would lock and freeze on a loop. there is a built-in "panic button" (esc) but that's not a real fix. i like Girl. i can't use it anymore though because there is no longer an OS 9 around here machine to run it. i'll miss her :cry:

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:16 pm

what about Devine Machine, anybody using that? what's the lowdown.