Push 2 crashes live EVERY time

Discuss Push with other users.
zsklar

Push 2 crashes live EVERY time

Post by zsklar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi, I just got the Push 2 and every time I turn it on in Ableton, Live just crashes. I have tried just about everything short of a reinstall of Windows 10, which I refuse to do just to get Push to work. Push 1 works fine, so this is definitely a Push 2 issue. Also, I have tried the Push 2 unit with my Windows laptop and everything works fine, so it's definitely NOT the unit. Please offer your out of the box suggestions for a fix if you would be so kind. I'll let you know if I tried that yet. A HUGE thank you to whomever can get this working with my main DAW.

Please help me!!!

- Zach

jestermgee

Re: Push 2 crashes live EVERY time

Post by jestermgee » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Live Version?

zsklar

Post by zsklar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:14 am

I'm using the latest version of Live Suite. 9.7.5

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:13 am

Have you tried to reinstall the Push display driver again?
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason 12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :mrgreen:

zsklar

Post by zsklar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi Miyaru,

Yes, I've reinstalled the display driver over and over and over again. Still the same results. Crash every time I have the Push on or turn it on while Live is running. I'm a pretty techy person and can usually solve any issue, but this one has me completely stumped. I've gone through all of the forums and Ableton's page for their tech support advice. Short of a complete re-install of windows, I feel like I've done everything suggested. I just thought I would reach out here to see if anyone can come up with something that I haven't tried yet. I have tried the past three versions of Live with it as well thinking it may be program related, and they all crashed, so it's definitely Push and my computer not playing nice with each other. It probably is some sort of conflict with the display drivers and perhaps my Gforce 970 graphics card. I did update the latest drivers on the card, so I'm wondering if there is a setting on the card that I need to turn on or off. Other than that, I have no clue. I have two laptops (MAC and Windows) that work perfectly with the Push 2, so I know it is not related to the unit. I've also tried every USB port in my tower. I've unplugged every other USB plug and just plugged in the Push 2 with no luck. This is so frustrating!!!!

zsklar

Post by zsklar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 am

I will send $100 to anyone's Venmo or Paypal account that gets this working for me. That's how desperate I am.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:58 am

zsklar wrote:I will send $100 to anyone's Venmo or Paypal account that gets this working for me. That's how desperate I am.
Hi zsklar,
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble, but please don't double post. I've removed your other topic.
The support will get back to you asap. There's a lot of activity there at the moment but I'm sure you'll be answered soon.
It's probably related to your graphic card, I've think I've heard something similar at some point but can't remember the fix on the top of my head.
Ableton Forum Moderator

zsklar

Post by zsklar » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:04 am

Hi Admin,

Sorry for the double post, but why is it taking so long for anyone to get in touch with me? I've been with Ableton since the very beginning and have purchased Push 1 and now Push 2. I'm really frustrated that I can't use this product I purchased for $800 and that I can't get a live person on the phone or anyone to email me back. Aside from these message boards, what else am I supposed to do?

Regardless, if you can accelerate my inquiry with tech support regarding my issues with Push 2 and Live, it would be much appreciated.

- Zach

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:43 am

Have a look at Ableton Midi settings see if more than 1 Push is listed, also worth checking in windows device manager if Push listed more than once.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P