Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
sporkles

Re: Proudly collecting music gear and software for no purpose

Post by sporkles » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Hexeract seems like a really beefy synth! 8O

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Well... Christmas came early and I found a decent deal on a Hypersynth Xenophone, so no Dreadbox in my immediate future.

Still, I'm keeping the soldering iron hot. My re-cap of that old Tascam mixer is done enough to hook it up in the studio (only the talk-back board and the power supply are left, and those jumbo filter caps are on back order until January).

And then I'm also building a five-voice drone box based on "Look Mum No Computer". Figure I'll put 3.5 mm jacks on it so I can patch it into the Euro rig.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Cyber Monday got me this year.

Picked up Repro-1 with the new Repro-5. This added two 'free with purchase' promotions at JRR Shop, Galaxy X and Xpand2, a sample morphing package and a rompler.

Also picked up Big Bang Percussion, Hybrid3+ 4 expansions, Liquid Rhythm, and Soundemote Mushroom generator. Repro-1 was the only expensive plug in at $83 all the rest were under $15.

Then Samples From Mars- all their current libraries for $39! 8O

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Haven't mentioned this yet but I also picked up a few weeks ago the O8N2 Bundle, includes Neutron 2 Advanced, Ozone 8 Advanced, and Tonal Balance Control.

People say this all the time but this bundle is already a total game changer for me. I get serious ear fatigue when writing, mixing, then attempting to master my own music, the advanced line has a huge amount of automated standard practice tasks, like setting the Limiter for 16 LUFS etc. and Tonal Balance Control is a HUGE plus in terms of ear fatigue.

Since most of my tracks are already mixed I really haven't gotten too far into Neutron, but I get the impression that iZotope realized that if you're going to sell someone a 'whole package' deal like this, it should have distinct advantages over picking and choosing plug ins one by one, and they added a lot of them in.

beats me

Post by beats me » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Analogue synth in a USB stick

http://truenosynth.com

8O

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:31 am

well.. finally bought the MF102 and MF103 so the Moogerfooger collection is complete. and got a Sherman FB2 so I think I'm good on the analog outboard for now

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:32 am

Machinesworking wrote:Haven't mentioned this yet but I also picked up a few weeks ago the O8N2 Bundle, includes Neutron 2 Advanced, Ozone 8 Advanced, and Tonal Balance Control.

People say this all the time but this bundle is already a total game changer for me. I get serious ear fatigue when writing, mixing, then attempting to master my own music, the advanced line has a huge amount of automated standard practice tasks, like setting the Limiter for 16 LUFS etc. and Tonal Balance Control is a HUGE plus in terms of ear fatigue.

Since most of my tracks are already mixed I really haven't gotten too far into Neutron, but I get the impression that iZotope realized that if you're going to sell someone a 'whole package' deal like this, it should have distinct advantages over picking and choosing plug ins one by one, and they added a lot of them in.
i was just watching the izotope video on it and it looks as though it could be really useful... or just something else to confuse and convolute what can be done done natively :?

is Tonal Balance Control still something you're using?

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:12 am

[quote="H20nly”]
i was just watching the izotope video on it and it looks as though it could be really useful... or just something else to confuse and convolute what can be done done natively :?

is Tonal Balance Control still something you're using?[/quote]
Replying super late to this, yes! the Tonal Balance Control might be the absolute most valuable thing in the bundle. I’ve collected a lot of plug ins over the years and mostly have all the parts in Ozone 8 already, but the the TBC metering showing you that you’re mix is far from standard is way more useful than I thought it would be. Again, if you’re writing, playing, then mixing and mastering a song that’s a lot of time to get things out of whack since you’re far too close, TBC allows you to back up by showing you that you mixed out all the high end, or got rid of all the low mids etc. Advance also does things like give you a starting master for say -16 LUFS, saves a lot of time. I’m sold, A/Bing with my DMG stuff there’s an argument that the DMG limiter adds something extra, and EQuilibrium is a far more surgical when you need to be EQ, but I think iZotope did really well with the bundle.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:56 pm

thanks for replying.

i definitely like the looks of it. i was hoping it's as cool as i thought. part of me was wondering if i was just missing some obvious other method or the demo/sales video just had me hypnotized.

i'm storing a way a little loot right now for a few upgrades. i think that bundle and Live 10 are going to drain the fund :wink: