Safari muting turns off Lives audio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ambientidm

Safari muting turns off Lives audio

Post by ambientidm » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:32 am

So If I have Live open or Komplete Kontrol and I open a safari page that has audio like youtube safari shuts of the audio in Live. I have to restart Live to get audio again. I am using safari 10.0.2.
I cannot find anyway to disable the muting feature.

Tarekith

Re: Safari muting turns off Lives audio

Post by Tarekith » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm

What sound card are you using? Sounds like maybe a cheaper one with drivers that don’t support audio from multiple apps at once, though I always thought this was a windows thing too.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:12 pm

Tarekith wrote:What sound card are you using? Sounds like maybe a cheaper one with drivers that don’t support audio from multiple apps at once, though I always thought this was a windows thing too.
MOTU Traveler MK3
It's one of the best

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:10 am

that has never been a feature of Safari, something else is going on in your system.

does this also happen using your built-in audio interface?

i'm wondering if maybe it's a sample rate issue? is Live using the same sample rate as the OS X system audio?

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:55 pm

fishmonkey wrote:that has never been a feature of Safari, something else is going on in your system.

does this also happen using your built-in audio interface?

i'm wondering if maybe it's a sample rate issue? is Live using the same sample rate as the OS X system audio?
It's not consistent. I has something to do with Safari. If one window has audio and I open another the first window gets muted and in order to get it to un-mute I have to reload the page. When it does it to live of maschine I have to quit and start over. But it doesn't happen all the time. Sample rates are the same througout my system.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:44 pm

does it also happen when using built-in audio?

do you have any other low-level audio software installed? for example, Sonarworks Systemwide sometimes causes screwy issues on my system after sleep...

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 pm

fishmonkey wrote:does it also happen when using built-in audio?

do you have any other low-level audio software installed? for example, Sonarworks Systemwide sometimes causes screwy issues on my system after sleep...
No low end stuff
Not sure about built in audio

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 am

ambientidm wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:does it also happen when using built-in audio?

No low end stuff
Not sure about built in audio
testing with built-in audio would make sense. it would help you rule out an interface-specific issue...