SERIOUSLY? Still no "fold notes" on Push's MIDI note editor?

Discuss Push with other users.
Skullrattler

Re: SERIOUSLY? Still no "fold notes" on Push's MIDI note editor?

Post by Skullrattler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm

It isn't working ! :cry: Remote output is enabled. What am I doing wrong? What kind of rack do I need to create? MIDI effects rack or instrument rack? Do I need to leave the rack empty and use a separate track for the synth's audio?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Any empty rack will do. A MIDI Effect Rack for example.
Remote MIDI needs to be turned on for both the input and output of your external hardware.
Now use MIDI Learn to assign a parameter to a Macro, for example the filter Cutoff. Which will likely be CC74.
Now if you turn the knob on your synth, it should make the Macro move.
And if the bidirectional remote connection is set up properly, you can use the mouse and Push to control that Macro which in turn controls your hardware.
If you still can't set it up, we'll need some more info than "the synth". Some synths are set up to ignore CC's by default.

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:14 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Any empty rack will do. A MIDI Effect Rack for example.
Remote MIDI needs to be turned on for both the input and output of your external hardware.
Now use MIDI Learn to assign a parameter to a Macro, for example the filter Cutoff. Which will likely be CC74.
Now if you turn the knob on your synth, it should make the Macro move.
And if the bidirectional remote connection is set up properly, you can use the mouse and Push to control that Macro which in turn controls your hardware.
If you still can't set it up, we'll need some more info than "the synth". Some synths are set up to ignore CC's by default.
IT DOESN"T WORK, try it for yourself and see. The Macro knobs are for controlling parameters within Live and cannot be configured to send out MIDI without Max. My synths (Blofeld, Radias, Virus) respond perfectly well to MIDI cc messages from automation envelopes so it is not a problem with my setup. All the MIDI control options in preferences (Track, Sync , Remote ) are turned on for inputs and outputs to/from the synths. The Macros can be mapped to the synth's knobs or parameters but THEY DO NOT SEND MIDI DATA OUT OF LIVE. The Remote switches in Preferences are for using control surfaces to control parameters within Live and for Live to send feedback to the control surfaces, they are not for controlling external synths.

If you still want to claim that it does indeed work , please post a video or detailed step-by-step description of how this is set up.. because - no offense - I think you don't know what you're talking about.

Push is really disappointing on this front...

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Apologies to the mods for going off-topic, feel free to split the thread ....

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:54 am

My apologies if this upset you, but I did in fact double-check it before posting it.
Consider this: If you have a controller which has LED rings around the encoder, how do those LED's know what value to display?
They get it from the parameter that it has been mapped to. This is called bi-directional feedback.
What is the difference between a controller getting feedback from Live and a synth getting feedback from Live?
A video isn't going to help if you're already mixing up Control Surfaces with Remote MIDI, they're not the same.

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51 pm

"yes it does"
"no it doesn't"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNkjDuSVXiE

Skullrattler

Post by Skullrattler » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 pm

hoffman2k wrote: What is the difference between a controller getting feedback from Live and a synth getting feedback from Live?
I think it is you who is confused. A controller will only get feedback from Live if there is a remote script installed for it.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 am

Skullrattler wrote: If you still want to claim that it does indeed work , please post a video or detailed step-by-step description of how this is set up.. because - no offense - I think you don't know what you're talking about.

Push is really disappointing on this front...
Dude, why dont YOU post a video of what YOU are doing and what YOU cannot get working instead of demanding other users do all your dirty work???

You have just swanned in here as a new user, offered no actual help to anyone as yet and start bitching and claiming that a HELPFUL user on these forums with over 14k posts "doesn't know what he is talking about" then suggest he goes to the trouble of drawing you a picture???

How about showing him some respect for a start and stop demanding anyone does more than expected to help you.

What a nerve :x