Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
ericby

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by ericby » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Hello everyone
I have a weird thing with launchpad pro95, when I select the "device" mode, all the pad are lit in pink some 100% other at 50%, there is the same symptom in "note" mode ..
would anyone among you have an idea? thanks in advance..

ai-DEL

Post by ai-DEL » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:35 am

Is it possible to have 16 levels in drum rack mode, similar to the functionality in Push 2? Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. I searched a few different ways and came up short on answers. Thanks in advance!

Ojd

Post by Ojd » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:13 pm

1. Using Live 9.7 here with launchpad mk1 and drumpad mode is not working on anything except drumrack (defaults to chromatic), external instrument is a possible workaround, but needs configuring each session (P.A.I.N.)
2. On What Mechanique said on page 38 - Device view always up. Can session button hide device view? It would make some sense during live, where hitting session button would clear space for clip launching (think combining step seq and clip). Clicking any clip would show device

3. I'm literally blown away! This is a gamechanger (playchanger) for me. I've tried to go from ableton elsewhere because I had no good control surface (and I thought computers are generally bad at music)

StacheShiv

Post by StacheShiv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:10 am

Excellent work! This makes my Launchpad Mini so much more useful!

I have one part that puzzles me though in the melodic step sequencer.

When selecting a "Quantize amount" on the Drum sequencer it acts as I expect it to. I can select, and edit notes without it changing the existing pattern, however, if I hit the same button on the Melodic Step Sequencer, it will squeeze or stretch all the notes in the passage. This makes it impossible for me to program a sequence with different note lengths.

Is this intentional and I'm just not sure how to use it or was this a bug?

Thanks!

Ojd

Post by Ojd » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure "quantisation" is = clock rate. Note length is a parameter (yellow), so you can program 4ths in 16th resolution. The bugs are there when different scale/mode selected.

Ojd

Post by Ojd » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:48 am

Can anyone help me writing code, so button/ combination would hide detail/clip view? Recently I've played live and launched dummy midi clips with notes, so I could read notes and play live on the keyboard (its actually possible with piano roll), it is possible, because launchpad95 focuses on the last launched clip, but if I use GUI of the VST stuff gets messy really fast. SO is it possible to add "shortcut" to hide GUI/detail viev/ clip view? For example "session + mixer" could be such shortcut, so real estate for session view is maximized. Also, consistency would help: if detail/clip is hidden, launching any clip would not open that view again, only user 1 / 2 would.

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:53 pm

Is it normal in device mode, for all the pads to be lit?

When changing parameters, the intensity changes, but it is very hard to see with my poor eyes.

If its is possible to change it so the pads are lit only showing the value of a parameter and off if not showing anything?

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:54 pm

ericby wrote:Hello everyone
I have a weird thing with launchpad pro95, when I select the "device" mode, all the pad are lit in pink some 100% other at 50%, there is the same symptom in "note" mode ..
Oh wow. I am having the same problem. Trying to figure out now how to edit the scripts so that unused values are 'off' in device mode.

mots

Post by mots » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

mrmugabi wrote:
ericby wrote:Hello everyone
Oh wow. I am having the same problem. Trying to figure out now how to edit the scripts so that unused values are 'off' in device mode.
you can probably edit the skin files :
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... SkinMK1.py
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... SkinMK2.py
(mk2 in your case i suppose :))

cheers

mestela

Post by mestela » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:45 am

Hey, love this script, thanks for all the hard work you've put in!

Could I make a suggestion with the docs, that the older copies have a very clear 'this is an older archive of the documentation, latest can be found here (with a link)'.

I used a google search to find the documentation after reading about the beat repeat feature, couldn't find any mention in the docs. Found the clues I needed from browsing github, then realised my mistake; google had pointed me to an older archive of the docs, not the latest. I wasted a few days on that. :)

Cheers,

-matt

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:35 am

Anyway to get this working with Abelton Live 10?

mots

Post by mots » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:42 am

mrmugabi wrote:Anyway to get this working with Abelton Live 10?
it should work for normal launchpads i think. for the lp pro, i am aware it is buggy. i will try to fix it before the final version gets out !

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm

mots wrote:
mrmugabi wrote:Anyway to get this working with Abelton Live 10?
it should work for normal launchpads i think. for the lp pro, i am aware it is buggy. i will try to fix it before the final version gets out !

That would be great. Currently LP-pro does not show up in the list of available controllers. I even tried replacing the files in the Ableton supplied Launchpad Pro with the files from Pro95 and that resulted in Launchpad disappearing from the list.

adieb527

Post by adieb527 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Yes I can also confirm launchpad-pro95 is not currently working in beta 10. NORMAL launchpad95 is working as far as I can tell.

If any of you are using touch-able the current version is working in beta 10 too

Good luck with this.

mestela

Post by mestela » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:48 pm

I saw that push in 9.7 can change colours of pads in a drum rack so they're not the default yellow:

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... 9-7#colors

Any chance we could get that in launchpad95?

Saw this Stro Elliot class talking about how he does his amazing finger drumming, being able to colour the kicks vs the snares vs the hats etc separately would be really handy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qioDfU4NK9E

-matt