Live 10 Auto Track Naming

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tarekith

Live 10 Auto Track Naming

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:42 pm

https://youtu.be/qcYZ2ZpYJtY

Ableton just added this in the latest Live 10 beta, and this is such a huge time saver for me, I had to share

Now when you drag a clip onto a new track, the track will take the name of the clip automatically. This happens in reverse too, if you rename the clip then the track name will change. It works for clips you record on a track too, not just drag and drop. If you don’t want the track name to change, just give it a custom name and that will persist no matter what you call your clips.

This is standard in some other DAWs, but it saves a lot of time so I’m glad to finally see it in Live now.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Bombastic

Re: Live 10 Auto Track Naming

Post by Bombastic » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:01 am

great yes I agree massive time saver for me

borg

Post by borg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:32 pm

would be nice if out of the blue a revamped Rack would pop up. It amazes me the concept of Rack hasn't been expanded on. I'm fed up resorting to obscure scripts, max workarounds, or whatever. That is time consuming.

Give us Racks with 16 controls (or user defined), selectors, sliders, buttons, switches, radio, multi seg envelopes, master knob... And make it global, not tied to the devices of the track it resides in. A bit like ClyphX, but better and as part of Live, not as an add-on. And of course S4racen has done extensive work in this field.
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:02 pm

borg wrote:
Give us Racks with 16 controls (or user defined), selectors, sliders, buttons, switches, radio, multi seg envelopes, master knob... And make it global, not tied to the devices of the track it resides in. A bit like ClyphX, but better and as part of Live, not as an add-on. And of course S4racen has done extensive work in this field.
Yes, please. Also make chains work like regular tracks with sends and not only as a sub-mixer. This should probably be posted at Feature Wishlist.
Make some music!

Technodriver

Post by Technodriver » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:09 am

for some reason it doesn't do it on my ableton 11, it just names tracks "temp".
any idea how to fix it?