PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mksd

Re: PrEditor - Parameter Editor for Push 1 & 2 & Others...

Post by mksd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:51 am

soundklinik 33 wrote:Sure Sigabort, and you are welcome.

I mean making Push 2 universal midi controller if possible to use with iPad or control other hardware, software?

now, Push 2 works only with Ableton (and does a great job)

But if I open it as a Standalone controller, it is "dead" , only the pads work for notes, (you can't change octaves, scales, midi channels), no buttons or pots work, no screen.
In other words, it HAS to be plugged into Ableton to work.

What if I want to use PUSH2 with iPad? Or with a standalone VST? I can't.
At least if it worked like PUSH 1, to see pot values and information on the screen, (if you could make it work just like in Ableton (with other VSTs) that would be fantastic.)
There's Shove: www.silenceandsound.com. It allows you to use Push 2 as Midi controller for other DAWs and standalone synths. I don't think it works with the iPad, though.

Besides that, I love PrEditor. It makes Push 2 the sound design tool I've been searching for years. :D

soundklinik 33

Post by soundklinik 33 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 pm

sigabort wrote:
soundklinik 33 wrote: Hi Sigabort,
thanks for the link, I read the specs and basic stuff and it seems to work only with M4L Max?
I would like to use PUSH2 with iPad, to control apps in iPad..that's not possible is it?
Thanks
Hi, ah, I see. Never tried to be honest... I'll try find some time to give it a go.

Thank you, :) that would be great, even something minimal, just to make the controls alive and usable with iPad...

There is a new iOS app coming up, called Beat Maker 3, kind of accommodating all the Launchpads and Push and similar multipad controllers.

THANKS @mksd for the link, will check it out...
EDIT: doesn't work wit iPad (got a message from him)
iPad-AIR 2, Lenovo x220-laptop, Squarp Pyramid, Elektron Digitakt

wald

Post by wald » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:35 pm

sigabort wrote:
paikas wrote: I'm not very good with describing abstractly these practical things, so I'll give an example.

Let's take Bazille, which 4 equal oscillators.
Each oscillator would require 2 or 3 pages for complete mapping. So it would be very nice to have the exact same, hmm, bank architecture as in Operator:
: a knob to choose the oscillator
: this knob could take a position in all of these 2/3 pages and keep its value throughout those pages (as in the clip, showing Operator)
: so I have 2/3 'generic' pages of oscillator parameters with a dedicated knob to choose whose parameters I'm modifying.
Likewise with other modules (filters, envelopes, LFOs).

[As I imagine, it's probably like some 2 dimensional bank, where bank choice is determined by 2 parameters in tandem – bank button under the screen and a knob.]
It probably might be summed up like:
I see what you mean... interesting idea... I'm doing some work on PrEditor in a month or so, so it's something I'll bear in mind... it's quite a lot of work tho, so will need some thought... are you on the PrEditor beta list?
I second that idea!
There are several synths where this could come in very handy!

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Will there be an update for live 10? And will it be a paid update or free for current owners?

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi. New installers will be out this week.

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Awesome!
Thanks for the quick response too!

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Will we get notified of the new installers?
I dont see how to subscribe for notifications on my Isotonik account

nori.lam

Post by nori.lam » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Any news on the update :mrgreen:

I haven't heard anything from Isotonik.

spiral scratch

Post by spiral scratch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:23 pm

bump.

Any news about the announced update, sigabort?

sigabort

Post by sigabort » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi, not currently - I'm still trying to solve some issue with the latest betas. As you can imagine this is a moving target at the moment as Ableton are making changes also. It was working up to b2 but has since broken again.

spiral scratch

Post by spiral scratch » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:36 pm

thank you for your feedback

Best regards

phyxia

Post by phyxia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:02 am

Any PrEditor users having issues with Live freezing/crashing? After I load a preset through the Push2 browser or Live browser(hotswap mode) 5 or 6 times live completely locks up. To re-create, basically just load up echo on a track, hit browse on Push and mash 'Load Next'.

aelc665

Post by aelc665 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:55 pm

phyxia wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:02 am
Any PrEditor users having issues with Live freezing/crashing? After I load a preset through the Push2 browser or Live browser(hotswap mode) 5 or 6 times live completely locks up. To re-create, basically just load up echo on a track, hit browse on Push and mash 'Load Next'.
I realize I'm replying a year late, but I've had the same problem ever since I bought PrEditor 2 last year. Also happens with live's native Reverb, and probably a number of other stock devices and 3rd party plugins as well. The bug occurs not only when using "Browse" via Push 2, but when swapping presets in Live's browser too. Makes PrEditor nearly unusable for me. I opened a support ticket with Isotonik months ago but they couldn't figure out a solution.