FORUM ISSUE

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
aklisiewicz

FORUM ISSUE

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:39 am

ADMIN - please allow to remove posts by post owner.
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

[jur]
Site Admin

Re: FORUM ISSUE

Post by [jur] » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:24 am

Do you need this because you are not what you think you were anymore? :)
For the time being, let me know by PM which post of yours you want to be deleted.
Cheers
J.
Ableton Forum Moderator

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Sometimes I post something about a problem and a bit later fix the issue. This is so obvious to be able to delete it. Why you blocking so many features. I use tons of other forums and comparing to others this one (technically) simply SUCKS! because of the insane admin limitations. PERIOD
Sadarahu

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry to hear that. If you want something deleted in the meantime, please just let one of us mods know.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 pm

your responsed are nonsense.
I'm not going to send you message every time I need to remove something...
You want to keep crap - that's you problem not mine...
Every year you people at Ableton become more and more ignorant
Sadarahu

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon May 06, 2019 10:51 pm

aklisiewicz wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:48 pm
your responsed are nonsense.
I'm not going to send you message every time I need to remove something...
You want to keep crap - that's you problem not mine...
Every year you people at Ableton become more and more ignorant
Oh sweety, you're looking very angry today. What's up?
Ableton Forum Moderator

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 07, 2019 2:11 am

At the risk of poking the bear....

There are valid reasons for NOT allowing a user to delete their threads which I am sure the moderators would agree with.

For a starter, if you post a "stupid" question about a simple issue you solve, instead of deleting your question why not help others out and post your solution. It may just save the next user having to ask the exact same thing.

Secondly, some users may start a thread which actually garners some useful information. which could be of great importance to others and sometimes some users may decide to just flip out and gfo deleting all their history which could take some valuable discussions with it. Forums have moderators for a reason, they can make these decisions and the Ableton forums have very good, active moderators that are decent people if you just ask.

No one is forcing you to post here, nor does anyone wish to help someone that is pretty rude and obnoxious towards the very people that just offered to help you. If you need to administer posts so frequently because you post crap then maybe the forum mechanics aren't what needs adjustments :wink:

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Tue May 07, 2019 3:38 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 2:11 am
There are valid reasons for NOT allowing a user to delete their threads which I am sure the moderators would agree with.

For a starter, if you post a "stupid" question about a simple issue you solve, instead of deleting your question why not help others out and post your solution. It may just save the next user having to ask the exact same thing.

Secondly, some users may start a thread which actually garners some useful information. which could be of great importance to others and sometimes some users may decide to just flip out and gfo deleting all their history which could take some valuable discussions with it. Forums have moderators for a reason, they can make these decisions and the Ableton forums have very good, active moderators that are decent people if you just ask.
All of that. 100%.

But then why would we expect that someone who writes to people with that kind of tone would ever be concerned with helping other people?
Unsound Designer

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Thanks Jestermgee and Stringtapper for explaining things to our little fella.
I think (s)he was drunk when (s)he wrote this and the other SHOUTING topic.
Ableton Forum Moderator

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue May 07, 2019 9:29 pm

It may seem a little unicornish, but the easy way to solve the issue is to have your account deleted.
Then, the second poster in every thread inherits the whole thread. It even looks as though that person started the topic. There's no trace, except for rainbows.

I recommend posting heinous shit and politics. Be sure and talk as bad as you can about a few different nationalities, races, and religions too. It takes a while, but eventually you can get deleted.

I've seen it... and I've inherited a thread before from one of the self-imploding shite muses.

hth

Good luck!

P.S. don't let a few IP bans get in your way on the path to glory. Only the persistent can survive to stand the true test and become a flame war forumer of the delete class

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 07, 2019 11:27 pm

8)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com