My Simpler wont Sync

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evon

My Simpler wont Sync

Post by evon » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:23 pm

I just started checking out Live5, and I tried almost every Sync related options I can think of so far and I still have this problem

I have been trying out some basss lines using Simpler, but while recording the bass line in accompanyment with the rythm tracks (already laid) it sounds excellent through the monitors while recording, but terribly out of sync when I play back all the tracks.

Is there a precise, step-by-step method to resolve this, similar to the steps for adjusting "overall latency"?

If not, I would realy apreciate some advise.

I am thinking of buying Operator but I will feel more confident when I am able to control this sync problem.
fe real!

kinkajou

Post by kinkajou » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:31 pm

do you use "quantization" or is it another problem...?

RePeter

Post by RePeter » Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:36 pm

the overall latency is only an issue if you are using external gear. if the backing/rhythm track is in ableton as well you wont need to worry about that.

im guessing that you have programmed simpler using a midi track with ableton, and as i said are using a backing track also inside of ableton?

to ensure both are in sync, check the global quantize; this will decide when you can fire the clips (set it to one bar and everything will trigger at the same time)

next check that the backing track is warped accuratly

then check that the midi you recorded has snapped to a quantized value (ie are the notes on the time lines or are they floating about all over the place)

are both loops the same length, or multiples of one another. if both clips start on time but the drift it could be that one has an odd loop length.

hope some of that helps.... post back with somemore details.
MBP 2.4 & a shit load of Faderfoxes!

evon

Post by evon » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:08 pm

Thanks RePeter, and Kinkajou,

Repeter you made some good suggestions. I think I will have to take another look at some of these options. I know I will get it right, but I was just wondering if anybody else had experienced a similar problem.

I'll let you know what happens.
fe real!