Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.
mots

Re: Launchpad95: Instrument, Scales, Step Sequencer, Device Ctrl

Post by mots » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm

adieb527 wrote:Yes I can also confirm launchpad-pro95 is not currently working in beta 10. NORMAL launchpad95 is working as far as I can tell.

If any of you are using touch-able the current version is working in beta 10 too

Good luck with this.
hi guys !

i have updated the launchpad pro 95 scripts so that they work both with live 9 and live 10. a little bit of hacking and detecting which version of live is running.
please get the last version and let me know how it goes :
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2015-12_Nov ... e_Scripts/

keep in mind there are still quite a few bugs in there, and unfortunately i dont have much time to fix them, but if someone is willing to help, your contribution will be more than welcome !

cheers

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:47 pm

:lol:

Works for me now. I havent gone through every function yet, but so far no issues

adieb527

Post by adieb527 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Yes Mots - as far as I can tell 95 pro is now working in beta 10. Note mode sequencer and device mode all work as I would expect.

Keep up the good work!

mrmugabi

Post by mrmugabi » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Working in the final release as well!

Slippycurb

Post by Slippycurb » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 am

Hi there, someone couldnt help me could they? I have updated to Live 10.1 but i cannot get launchpadpro95 to work, it features in the dropdown menu but nothing is lighting up. I have used lpp95 a good bit so im quite sure it is installed properly. It is the original LP. I hope it is still supported............................................
*edit* Im on win10
*edit 2* Please laugh your arse off as you realise that I am a complete tit. I was trying to load PRO, what a smeghead I am.....please enjoy this when you see it.

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 am

Hi there, since I found this script I´ve been using it to sequence drum rack and I love it, althoug today something weird happend while using live 10.

I was using it as usual, drum step sequencer combined mode on drum rack. I programed a beat and some other stuff, then I wanted to mute the kick drum of the sequence so I held the mute button and the kicks drum cell and as I spected it got muted, since then whenever I wanted to select an other drum cell or notes as refered on the manual, all active steps for that particular drum cell would mute without requering me to hold the button down, also it would mute or unmute whichever step I pushed, just as if the mute button would still be pressed.

Cant really tell what happend, I closed live, opend it up again to verify and as far as I can tell now it is working normal.

Extra details: live 9.2+ launchpad95, launchpad mini, live 10 trial.

Any ideas of what could have happend?

Gregwaah

Post by Gregwaah » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:52 pm

kevtubio wrote:Hi there, since I found this script I´ve been using it to sequence drum rack and I love it, althoug today something weird happend while using live 10.

I was using it as usual, drum step sequencer combined mode on drum rack. I programed a beat and some other stuff, then I wanted to mute the kick drum of the sequence so I held the mute button and the kicks drum cell and as I spected it got muted, since then whenever I wanted to select an other drum cell or notes as refered on the manual, all active steps for that particular drum cell would mute without requering me to hold the button down, also it would mute or unmute whichever step I pushed, just as if the mute button would still be pressed.

Cant really tell what happend, I closed live, opend it up again to verify and as far as I can tell now it is working normal.

Extra details: live 9.2+ launchpad95, launchpad mini, live 10 trial.

Any ideas of what could have happend?
If you double tap the mute button, it holds the ability to mute the drums. Double tap and you're back to normal.
You might have pressed the mute button twice without noticing.

kevtubio

Post by kevtubio » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:26 am

Gregwaah wrote: If you double tap the mute button, it holds the ability to mute the drums. Double tap and you're back to normal.
You might have pressed the mute button twice without noticing.
Great to know, I thought it was some kind of bug or something like that, anyway thanks for the tip.

Tadam

Post by Tadam » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Hey,

I've always loved this mapping on my older Launchpad S, and I recently switched to a MK2.
However I seem to have some problems with the velocity button in the drum sequencer now.
First of all the velocity button cycles through; low green - green - bright green - low green - orange which seems a bit weird.
But when I enter some notes with the velocity button set to orange, first the notes appear on the grid, but when I switch to session mode and back the notes still play but the orange led feedback is gone. also the velocity button shows no color at all after switching back.
It makes it very confusing when my kicks are on or off and I ended up muting the sound to see if any notes turn white which I might have missed..
I'm using Live suite 9,7 on an osx sierra macbook pro, i've tried disconnecting all other controllers, removed all mappings, tried fresh projects but it always seems to happen..

Anyone knows what might be wrong?

ericby

Post by ericby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:46 pm

mots wrote:
mrmugabi wrote:
ericby wrote:Hello everyone
I have a weird thing with launchpad pro95, when I select the "device" mode, all the pad are lit in pink some 100% other at 50%, there is the same symptom in "note" mode ..
would anyone among you have an idea? thanks in advance..
Oh wow. I am having the same problem. Trying to figure out now how to edit the scripts so that unused values are 'off' in device mode.
you can probably edit the skin files :
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... SkinMK1.py
https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... SkinMK2.py
(mk2 in your case i suppose :))

cheers
MERCI !MERCI !MERCI!
Et pour la couleur des pads dans les gammes (bleu, bleu-ciel et blancs) ? c'est dans le même fichier que ça s'édite ?

mots

Post by mots » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:08 am

ericby wrote: MERCI !MERCI !MERCI!
Et pour la couleur des pads dans les gammes (bleu, bleu-ciel et blancs) ? c'est dans le même fichier que ça s'édite ?
yes. https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad95/b ... K2.py#L281

Tadam

Post by Tadam » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Hey,

For the velocity button/notes on the MK2 which acted very weird, we changed some colors and added another velocity step which was missing and causing this probem.
We simply changed to this in the skin mk2 file.
class NoteEditor:
class VelocityShifted:
On = Rgb.AMBER
Off = Rgb.AMBER_THIRD
Velocity0 = Rgb.GREEN_THIRD
Velocity1 = Rgb.GREEN_HALF
Velocity2 = Rgb.GREEN
Velocity3 = Rgb.MINT
Velocity4 = Rgb.LIGHT_BLUE
Muted = Rgb.DARK_GREY
Playing = Rgb.RED
Metronome = Rgb.BLUE
NoteMarker = Rgb.AMBER
PageMarker = Rgb.YELLOW

Thnx for the idea in the previous posts ;)

marctdt

Post by marctdt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi all,

I don't know if someone posted a fix for the issue on the duplicate button, but i made a small change to do a copy/paste of a clip like on Push instead of simply duplicating it to the scene below.

Instructions:
1.Press and Hold "Duplicate" on the Session View
2.press a slot with a clip to copy the it
3.press any other slot to paste the clip in it.

I didn't fully tested it yet so if someone could help. I'll do what i can do to fix it.

However, I am aware that we can't copy yet to a scene that doesn't exist, I will try to fix that if I can.

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U2TyN ... sp=sharing

Hope it's clear

PS: thanks to mots for this awesome script

mots

Post by mots » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 pm

marctdt wrote:Hi all,

I don't know if someone posted a fix for the issue on the duplicate button, but i made a small change to do a copy/paste of a clip like on Push instead of simply duplicating it to the scene below.

Instructions:
1.Press and Hold "Duplicate" on the Session View
2.press a slot with a clip to copy the it
3.press any other slot to paste the clip in it.

I didn't fully tested it yet so if someone could help. I'll do what i can do to fix it.

However, I am aware that we can't copy yet to a scene that doesn't exist, I will try to fix that if I can.

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U2TyN ... sp=sharing

Hope it's clear

PS: thanks to mots for this awesome script
hi,

if you want, send a pull request, i will have a look and integrate it so that everybody can benefit from it.
i kind of moved onto other projects, but i am more than happy to include bug fixes !
thanks for this!

cheers

marctdt

Post by marctdt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Ok I ll do that.

Well i didn't really fixed it, because first the feature is a bit different than what was intended and I kind of just patched on the top of the issue instead of really fixing it.

But I know why it is not working, here a quick explanation:
If I understand properly the function duplicate_clip() is supposed to be triggered by

Code: Select all

@duplicate_button.pressed
	def duplicate_button(self, button):
		if self.can_perform_clip_action():
			clip = self.get_clip()
			duplicate_clip(self.song(), clip.canonical_parent, should_launch=True)
(https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad_Pro ... ent.py#L89)
which have the parameter "should_launch" set to True.

But in fact Duplicate_Button.pressed is never called and is triggered by

Code: Select all

def _do_duplicate_clip(self):
		if self._clip_slot:
			duplicate_clip(self.song(), self._clip_slot)
(https://github.com/hdavid/Launchpad_Pro ... ent.py#L74)
which keep "should_launch" to False

I don't know why Duplicate_Button.pressed is not triggered, and I was not able to understand what "should_launch" is doing. When "should_launch" is False, the function doesn't seems to do anything.